Verizon Samsung Tablet MIFI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbbowie

We had been using a Verizon MIFI 2200 hotspot for awhile with good results as our portable internet.  My wife was getting ready to do a couple of flying trips and wanted a tablet to take instead of the laptop to keep up and entertained. I looked at a few different options and discovered the Samsung tablet through Verizon can be used instead of and as an upgrade to the hotspot.  To keep this short, we switched, she is happy with her new toy, and it works better than the old 2200 as a internet connection.  We used it on our last camping trip with family in other campsites all sharing the same connection- worked flawlessly, no increased amount of data usage, no additional cost monthly over the old 2200.  The big difference is it's not just a piece of hardware, but a useable neat little computer toy at the same price- of course except for the $500 purchase cost!

My wife loves her Verizon Samsung tablet but she has one complaint.We have been in Nova Scotia now for almost 3 months and cannot use it because of the exuberant roaming fees.but she went to Bell Aliant after she got here and they have the same tablet, they told her that all she had to do was replace the chip with one of theirs and she could us their service. . Only one problem,the Bell Aliant model has an external chip that is changeable but the Verizon model has an internal chip which cannot be changed thus can only be used for Verizon service. She was more than a little dissapointed but will I'm sure get over it as soon as we get back across the border.On a much happier note we were able this summer to get the Canada Plan on our ATT cell phones and it has worked great up hereThe last two years we wers without cell phones and sure missed them thanks ,Alan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom