Cradlepoint 3.3.0 Firmware Released - New features!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3Gstore_Matt

Cradlepoint has released 3.3.0 firmware for the CTR35, CBR400, CBR450 MBR95 and MBR1400. This firmware is designed to help optimize the 4G LTE and WiMAX connections as well as add features like "Bandwidth Monitoring and Alerts!"

I know that is a huge feature that a lot of people ask about and I'm happy they've finally implemented it. I'll probably be doing a demo sometime this week to show how the new features work, but you can find more info here - Cradlepoint 3.3.0 Firmware Released for NetBSD 3G/4G Routers

Attached is a quick screengrab of the bandwidth setup settings:

Attachments

• cp_3.3.0_bandwidth.jpg
    cp_3.3.0_bandwidth.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 19
Matt

Thanks for the link. As you may remember, I've had loads of issues with VZ LTE modems as well as WiFi Ranger and Cradlepoint 4G routers. Eventually I got to the realization that most of my problems were caused by Verizon; being in an area solidly 3G (even 4G) on the Verizon locator map but not near any tower so no strong and solid signal or being in an area inundated with RVers using all and more of the local tower bandwidth.

We stayed 3 extra days in Gillette, WY after the Escapade was over. Once most everybody had left, we got excellent uninterrupted reception. We were subsequently in Rawlins, WY and now in Palisade, CO and excellent results. I had talked to a CP tech rep last week as Victor recommended and she had me tweak a few settings and advised that new firmware will be released in a month or two. Wow, how time flies ::) .

I just downloaded and installed the update, but since everything has now been working fine, I haven't seen any change ??? . Thanks again.

Matt

OK, upgrade issues starting to pop up. Either Cradlepoint or MS resets some of the settings when running the update. The most important and frustrating from my standpoint was resetting my LAN as public, while the previous settings were home. It took 3 phone calls to CP (20 minute hold times the first 2) and a lot of searching the 3rd before finding the settings change.

We also have had an ongoing problem with the modem going offline during the nite requiring a reboot. The tech said this was the carriers disconnecting equipment when not used within a given time frame to conserve bandwidth.

Hmm, I'm not sure whats causing the LAN connection resets for you. I wouldn't worry to much about that as it shouldn't have any real impact on your browsing experience. What operating system are you using?

In regards to the reboot the Cradlepoint tech were correct. The device will basically disconnect from the network after a 24 hour period. I've tested this before and like clockwork, after about 23 hrs & 45 minutes my modem would go offline for a few minutes before reconnecting.

A timed reset might have the carriers best interests in mind but I would not buy one that did that. I would be pretty upset if I was in the middle of a hand of poker and my modem disconnected.

3Gstore_Matt said:
Hmm, I'm not sure whats causing the LAN connection resets for you. I wouldn't worry to much about that as it shouldn't have any real impact on your browsing experience. What operating system are you using?

Didn't affect the browsing but it shut down our LAN. Since our contact manager is on a virtual drive, I couldn't use the CM on my computer and needed to access files across the LAN. We're both on W7.

In regards to the reboot the Cradlepoint tech were correct. The device will basically disconnect from the network after a 24 hour period. I've tested this before and like clockwork, after about 23 hrs & 45 minutes my modem would go offline for a few minutes before reconnecting.

Interesting, but the MBR95 didn't reboot, we had to do a manual reboot. But is the reboot from CP or VZ? I've wondered why there was the option to reboot the router on a schedule. Now all I have to do is figure out what is the best time to reboot since Marlene and I are both on strange nocturnal schedules and there are probably very few small windows to schedule.

deal said:
A timed reset might have the carriers best interests in mind but I would not buy one that did that. I would be pretty upset if I was in the middle of a hand of poker and my modem disconnected.

That's not a problem with the router, the devices will do that directly in a computer too. It shouldn't be a problem if you set your connection to connect at 1 or 2am when you're in bed so you shouldn't even notice it go down for a minute.

3Gstore_Matt said:
That's not a problem with the router, the devices will do that directly in a computer too. It shouldn't be a problem if you set your connection to connect at 1 or 2am when you're in bed so you shouldn't even notice it go down for a minute.

There is no consistent time that I am in bed. I assure you my computer does not lose access to the internet on a regular basis at all. If the games are good I will stay up all night. I very rarely ever have a disconnection and if I started getting one daily I would probably throw something out the window.

deal said:
There is no consistent time that I am in bed. I assure you my computer does not lose access to the internet on a regular basis at all. If the games are good I will stay up all night. I very rarely ever have a disconnection and if I started getting one daily I would probably throw something out the window.

What carrier are you using? It's possible that your device may be setup differently, but I can tell you if I establish a connection to my Verizon card at 6PM and let it stay connected it will disconnect around 5:30PM the next day. Unless you leave your computer on 24/7 I'm sure you've reset your device long before it hit that limit where it disconnects itself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strandy1978
Back
Top Bottom