First Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dakotaridge

I joined the forum a few months back when I was looking for an Airstream motorhome.  We found one and posted some pictures of the trip from Seattle to Colorado.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=43331.0

After a few days of cleaning, sanitizing the water system, changing fluids, filters, etc, we headed out on our first 2 week trip.  The first part was a rushed trip on I-80 from Colorado to Michigan to make a family reunion/camping trip.  After a day at my folks place in Ludington, the whole carvan headed up to Northern Exposure campground near Mesic Michigan. It was the first opportunity to park, set everything up, and spend a few days (4) in one place. Had a great time with the family.

We headed north stopping in Traverse City to visit more family and continued north across the Mackinaw Bridge. After stopping at Whitefish point we camped on the Tahquamenon River and visit the falls the next day. A long day of driving took us through Pictured Rocks and on to the Apostil Islands on Wisconsin's Lake Superior shore.  The rest of the trip was scenic and enjoyable  but to rushed. Future trips will involve longer stays and shorter drives. 

The Airstream ran great with the exception of a coolant leak in Duluth. I thought we were going to be out of commission for a couple of days for a water pump chnage but it turned out to be a leak in a radiator hose. $20 and an hour later and we were back on the road. The best milage we say was 13.7 and the worse was 11.8 bucking a stiff headwind.  We cruissed about 63 which seems to be the sweet spot for the Cummins 5.9L purring along at about 1800 rpms. 

Attachments

• IMGP1554 (Large).JPG
    IMGP1554 (Large).JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMGP1560 (Large).JPG
    IMGP1560 (Large).JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMGP1561 (Large).JPG
    IMGP1561 (Large).JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMGP1568 (Large).JPG
    IMGP1568 (Large).JPG