Our new (new to us) 1964 PD4106

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RnMAdventures

We picked up our new bus a couple of days ago and the whole family really likes it. It is a 1964 PD4106-2626. It has the Allison V730 transmission and sheperd power steering. The gentleman I purchased it from got it back in 1987 and started converting it then. I almost purchased this bus from him back in 2006, but life happened and I backed out. 

Attached is a picture of it in our driveway and this link has some detailed photos of it. http://rides.webshots.com/album/549533367xIrJBw?vhost=rides

Attachments

• bushome.jpg
    bushome.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 135
Looks good.  8) Hope you have a lot of fun with it.

Depending on where you are located,, you need to look into installing a set of Jakes,, which it appears you don't have now, and if you tow you will definitely need.>>>Dan ( The giveaway is the flat tailgate,, a "Jake" equipt engine needs a bulge in the tailgate to clear the higher valve covers)

Mike,, if your rear glass (three pieces) is in good shape, guard it with your life!! they are not obtainable.>>>Dan

utahclaimjumper said:
Mike,, if your rear glass (three pieces) is in good shape, guard it with your life!! they are not obtainable.>>>Dan
Do you mean the windows?

utahclaimjumper: I was wondering how you knew about the jakes. I do want to get them installed in the future. I'd like to get spring brakes on it one day as well. I saw where you talked about how you did it years ago. It sounds like the way you did it you don't have to relocate the mounts or do any welding? The rear glass is in good shape. If it ever breaks then it may be time to put a cap on it.

I remember seeing you at the BCO board now. I used to frequent the forums years ago when I had my 4104, but once I sold it I didn't go back for a while.

Congrats Mike!  The boulevard looks kinda strange now without the bus there!  But at least it will get used now.

Back
Top Bottom