Engineered Brazilian Pecan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie Ekberg

Check out these photos:

Attachments

• RickBrink7 001.JPG
    RickBrink7 001.JPG
    237.7 KB · Views: 280
  • RickBrink7 002.JPG
    RickBrink7 002.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 219
  • RickBrink7 003.JPG
    RickBrink7 003.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 216
Yes, tongue and groove. Fits closer to cabinets without lots of caulk or moulding.

Is this a yacht or rv entrance?

Attachments

• rickbrink8 001.JPG
    rickbrink8 001.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 147
Nice work Ernie!  We selected a type of Alure flooring that is although totally fake, kind-of like what you have with your floor.  The pattern is called African plank.  We've got it waiting to be installed. 

Thanks for posting!
Paula 

Attachments

• Alure African Plank floor image.jpg
    Alure African Plank floor image.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 88
Wow that looks very nice!  Did you lay that right on top of the sub floor?  Was your sub floor plywood or OSB?

I've been looking at the Allure flooring but I don't think I can put that right on top of OSB.

cliston said:
Wow that looks very nice!  Did you lay that right on top of the sub floor?  Was your sub floor plywood or OSB?

I've been looking at the Allure flooring but I don't think I can put that right on top of OSB.

Hi - we put in a new subfloor.  The Allure is going down very smoothly.  I think as long as your surface is clean and level, you should be fine but don't quote me on that.  Good Luck!  :)

Paula

Wa_mermayd said:
Nice work Ernie!  We selected a type of Alure flooring that is although totally fake, kind-of like what you have with your floor.  The pattern is called African plank.  We've got it waiting to be installed. 

Thanks for posting!
Paula

Who is installing yours?  A RV shop?  Or a carpenter/handyman?

cliston said:
Who is installing yours?  A RV shop?  Or a carpenter/handyman?

I am installing it actually.  Daniel has been doing all the super hard stuff (plumbing, electrical, construction) and I am doing the finishing details on the interior.  I've laid about half the floor (ran out of material) and once you get started it goes pretty smoothly.  The Allure cuts easily and lays nicely.  It did take much longer than the two hours all the videos said it would take though.  And really really map out where your starting point is.  In an RV, you have cuts and decisions to make about how things are going to lay that you don't in a big open room.  That was the hardest part.  Other than that - no professional is needed.

Hope that helps!
Paula

Paula,
  I also layed an allure floor into my RV and it was pretty easy laying till i hit the cutting spots where I found out that some of the angles in the RV are not quite straight.  A dremel worked quite nicely, I highly recommend it as some of the corners are rounded and its nice to keep it close, within a 1/8 inch within the walls.....bathroom was tricky too....but just finished my floor last week....lol.

Chris

1984 Chevy Pace Arrow 454

CHRIS_USMC said:
Paula,
  I also layed an allure floor into my RV and it was pretty easy laying till i hit the cutting spots where I found out that some of the angles in the RV are not quite straight.  A dremel worked quite nicely, I highly recommend it as some of the corners are rounded and its nice to keep it close, within a 1/8 inch within the walls.....bathroom was tricky too....but just finished my floor last week....lol.

Chris

1984 Chevy Pace Arrow 454

Woo-Hoo Dremel!  ANy excuse to dig it out, I'll use.  Thanks for the tip!

Wa_mermayd
        No Worries, I do have one more suggestion, the glue that the Allure tiles have on the edge, while just an inch of glue on them for the other tile to stick to.  You will need to make sure that you cover up the grey (sticky) part of the tile with something before you using the Dremel on them, as they tend to get the dust everywhere....so its imperative that you cover up the glue part with something....I used the parchment paper of sorts that was in between the tiles....

Chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom