Window and slide leak questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nana65

Howdy.  The adventure continues.  We are going to try to remove the silicon caulking my husband had on the roof seams and try Eternabond.  Had some minor roof leaks in the hurricane.

Had some major window leaks.  Only removed one window during the rebuild and hubby used weather stripping to seal.  NOT good.  The other window just has the old putty tape.  Plan to remove and use putty tape and non silicone caulk to repair.  I have had conflicting advice.  One guy says putty tape all the way around and caulk on top and sides only.  Other guy says both all the way around.  Which is best?

Also had some slide leakage with the slide closed.  I THINK it is from where the camper was not level, but tilted with the slide in toward the trailer, so the water tracks at the bottom of the slide directed water into the camper rather than out.  Is this common?  We do not currently have a slide out cover as it was damaged when we got the camper, but will order one today.  Is this an issue with how the slide is sealing or just the fact that it was tilted?

Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom