Hershey RV Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karma0120

Is anyone going to the Hershey RV show?  Has it changed much in the last three years? -- Other than the RV's are newer?  ;D
And, I heard that the park was flooded.  Will this affect the show any?

Right now some of the roads leading into the area are having flooding problems, the area of Rt322 & 39 has buckled but by next week they will have some detour routes open. As of a couple hours ago both CG were OK but tonight could change that if they get the flood stages they are predicting .
  We went last year as part of the Heartland Club and was surprised at the size of it.

Thanks! Hopefully all will be well by the end of the week. We are driving up from Cincinnati and staying in a hotel --  DH doesn't want to burn the gas pulling the 5th wheel. -- I'm starting to wonder why we got it!  ::)  A couple of years ago, our intentions were to sell everything and fulltime it.  Then, the economy went sour.  So, I'm thinking about looking at something a little bit smaller that we could actually use!  I REALLY want to travel!

Yes, it was a big show.  I was pretty impressed with it but I heard that it wasn't as great last year.  I'd like to check out the Tampa show again too.

I would bet that the gas plus hotel room will cost more than gas to pull the trailer and campground fees.

Yes, I'm sure they'll have the roads repaired by next week.  I haven't heard of any damage to the Giant Center where the show is held.  Keep checking this website Hershey RV Show for show updates.  And hope we don't get more rain here.  We don't need it. 

BTW, Wednesday is Senior Day.  It's BOGO for 55+.  That's when we go.

Mike Wagner

We are planning to go Saturday. A little over 2 hr drive south, so just for the day.

The park was flooded in the lower section that Spring Creek runs through, the parking lot/Giant Center where the RV show is setup is on higher ground. Just saw the ads for the RV show on TV this morning, no mention of cancellation/delay.

If Penn Dot works over the week end it is possible RT322 will be repaved by next Tuesday. They had most of the damaged area dug up yesterday. It is also the main road into Hershey hospital. The park did have a lot of flooding but the CG in the area were reporting no major problems.

I just got an email this morning from PVRCA:

America's Largest RV Show will Open on Schedule
The local flooding has had no impact on the show.

Over 1000 New RVs  to shop, compare, and even buy!

September 14 - 18
Hershey, PA
Please check our website for complete information and a $1 off  coupon.
http://www.prvca.org/
Sponsored by the Pennsylvania RV & Camping Association

I'm pretty excited to go someplace and see so many units. My wife and I will be driving the Navion to the show. Maybe we will bring something new home. I'm very interested in the Allegro Breeze. Mine will be there with a for sale sign attached. It's listed here in the classifieds.

Don't forget:  Wednesday is Geezer Day!!  ;D ;D    BOGO for 55+ . 

We'll be there looking for our dream coach:  27 feet on the outside & 40 feet on the inside with a diesel engine that gets 30MPG.  C U at Hershey.

Mike Wagner

I Am definitely going to the Hershey show, but am having problems finding out real information about dry camping in the giant parking lot.

I will be arriving Friday Mid morning and wish to stay until Sunday.

Will I be able to do this? Will I get turned away??

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Rick

I'm really glad to hear they're still able to have the show.  If you're going, have fun and travel safely.

ArdraF

Wanderman said:
I Am definitely going to the Hershey show, but am having problems finding out real information about dry camping in the giant parking lot.

I will be arriving Friday Mid morning and wish to stay until Sunday.

Will I be able to do this? Will I get turned away??

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Rick

I read on their website that they would have 100 dry camping sites. First come first serve. I'll be there thurs. evening. Hope to get one.

As of this morning the roads have been fixed and are open, the Pizza Hut and Wendy's were still working on cleaning up, not sure they will make it. Not sure if the park will be open but if not it would open up more space for overnight parking. KOA did have some sites as of this morning.

There is a nice KOA east of there about 20 miles on US 22 (just off I78). It's 30-35 minutes to the show site in Hershey, all easy driving.

Hershey High Meadows ought to be open - they are on fairly high ground. Maybe no power if the floods caused problems, though. http://www.hersheycamping.com/rates.php

I think you are right, Ned! I think he just doesn't want to fool with hauling it and setting up, etc. for just two days.  That's why we're going to the show - to see if we can find something a little smaller and driveable.  Of course, we'll buy something used, not new.  I wish we could be fulltimers like you!  Karen

That's it!

Dry camping for a short trip is all I want/need.

How about a small Rvforum.net get-together at the show??? Maybe Saturday evening?

Rick

I called them to ask how quickly the lot fills up.  100 spots doesn't seem like much.  They would not tell me. I just wanted to know what happened last year, for example.  I do know that if you call to check on spots, you need to call the Giant Center, not the park.  And I suppose if you go toward the end of the week, there will be people who got there Tuesday, leaving and opening up spots.

Since I really want to go, I will likely risk it.

It would be nice to have more info. Wonder why they are so stingy with the information. Especially with all the flooding issues.

Rick

COMer said:
I called them to ask how quickly the lot fills up.  100 spots doesn't seem like much.  They would not tell me. I just wanted to know what happened last year, for example.  I do know that if you call to check on spots, you need to call the Giant Center, not the park.  And I suppose if you go toward the end of the week, there will be people who got there Tuesday, leaving and opening up spots.

We parked in the dry camping section last year, starting the first day of the show.  We were only there one night, but there were lots of empty spaces.

Jeannine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom