Meridian jack problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alohaguy

2005 Meridian 39K, from time to time the power will not come on the in cab jack controller. normally I have to remove the controller from the dash and disconnect power. My dealer replaced the controller last year and all worked well until a recent outing. This time I had to pull and reseat the 10 amp fuse from the controller box under the front bumpe.

Suggestions?

You might also try their website, www.hwhcorp.com lots of good info to help you identify and troubleshoot your system. Once you know which system it will narrow down the possibilities also.

yep, the HWH people are very helpful, however be prepared to play phone tag if you want to talk to a tech.  Emailing worked better for me.  Their system troubleshooting manual you can download is a great resource. 

I just had my jack controller repaired.  Sometimes my control unit would not power up.  I was able to get it to work when it failed by crawling under the dash and moving wires around.  First time it took about 2 and 1/2 hours to get it to operate. 

I finally took it to our local dealer and they found a faulty connection on the power wire.  Hopefully it is now fixed.  We haven't tried their fix yet.

JD

alohaguy,

I concur with getting the proper diagnoses, before you start replacing parts. 

A year ago, we had problems with our system.  We went to our local guy who said he could fix it.  Well, after 4 visits, I've had the pump replaced, brainbox and a new control pad.  We just got it calibrated correctly, and they seem to work correctly.  Extended Warranty paid for the parts (except for a deductible), but I somehow feel that they were just shooting in the dark.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom