Where are the Class B owners?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b_smitty

Since joining the forum I regularly look in the Van Conversions section for discussion of topics of interest to Class B owners.? Unfortunately. there is very little activity in this category.? ?:(? How many of you are class B owners?? What make and model do you own??

Smitty:

WE have several members who have class B's. You'll probably pull them out of the woodwork.  8)

'98 Pleasureway, Massachusetts. 
Have no questions now, everything works.

Hey Smitty

I been around this forum since '94, and have rallied with the gang quite a few times, but since we've been running a VW Westfalia the whole time- 155,000 miles so far- we hang out in the VW world a lot more!  There's always something to fix if you've got a Bus, so you can look on VW ownership as a cult or co-dependency. <G>

George, Jo & Ollie/ATL
    '89 Jetta powered VW Vanagon Westy
    '67 VW Kombi

Smitty,

We first had a VW Vanagon.  Traded up for a Sportsmobile to get more ability to climb mountains.  It was custom made for all of our goodies. 

We loved it until we rented a class A for a weekend.  Once I had my own bathroom we traded it in for a class A.  It was neat though as you could get into literally any campsite.

Betty and Terry

We are new to Class B travel and camping, so it's good to hear from all of you veterans out there.? Next week we take delivery on a new Pleasure-Way Plateau (Sprinter-based).? Really looking forward to hitting the road this summer.? We've rented Class Cs on numerous occasions, but never a B.? We were attracted to the Class B because it can go just about anywhere and can park in a regular parking space.? Class Cs are just a bit too wide to move about freely, but too small to justify towing a car.? We generally like to camp in state, national park and other campgrounds with more natural surroundings, so access to the more remote campgrounds is a priority for us.? We have long been tent campers so moving up to a B will seem like luxury.? Still, because the B is small, we are assuming that prolonged trips are not really practical, so we expect to break up our travels into shorter more frequent trips, returning home often.? ?For that reason, fuel economy was also an important consideration in our choice, if only psychologically.? We paid a premium for the diesel engine, but liked the idea of getting 25 mpg.? What was the longest period you spent traveling and living in your B?? Any sage advice for a newcomer to Class B camping?? ????

Hi,

I'm a class B owner.  I have had my Sportsmobile EB-50 4x4 for a few months, and am loving it.

-Dustin

Longest time in a "B"?????

Two months for us.  I trip to Alaska 2-3 years ago.  Next longest was a 1 month trip to PEI and Nova Scotia.

Ours is a custom made (aka: I made it) camper.  Used a 2000 Extended Chevrolet Express cargo van as the base.  There are several pictures of it and the trips in the photo section.

Hoping to learn more about and eventually own a class B. We have serious space limitations.

Len & Jo, congratulations on building your B!? I'm always impressed and intrigued by those who do so.? I'm, personally, intimidated by the magnitude of the task.? Quite and undertaking!? ?Any "lessons learned" about taking extended trips in a B that you can share?? ?

Coming out of the Woodwork.  One year - March 2005 to March 2006 - spent together in our Sportsmobile.  About 42,000 miles through 40 States and 4  Provinces. Wouldn't do it any other way.  Oh, you dream about it.  But when it comes down to it, Class B is really the way to go.  And I was never a camper.  Now I love it - especially when I know it's only for two nights...ha ha ha.  P.S. Hi John!

I'm a new member just getting started with your forum.
Looks like there is alot of good information available.
Thanks, it's nice to be online.

New to the forum and just bought an '85 Falcon on a Dodge chassis. I mistakenly posted questions on the MH forum without noticing "van conversions" were considered Class B's. Hope to get much info here!

Our Great West Sprinter Legend was the only RV we say which would be both adequate in size as well as parkable in our city house driveway along the side of the house. We find it to be a great compromise. Most trips are 3-7 days and we drive it from the campsite right into downtown when we're touring. Makes a great rolling kennel for our Doberman, too, so day trips no longer mean boarding her.

Not sure I would want to live in it for a month, but otherwise it meets our needs nicely. 22 mpg, too.

We have a 1998 Roadtrek 190 Popular which we bought used a few years ago. We LOVE it! We can go and park almost anywhere a regular car can go and it has everything we need. We couldn't be happier! We usually take 3 trips a year the longest being in August-September when we take a month. We live in Maryland and have gone to the Southwest, the northern Rockies and into Canada, eastern Canada and the maritime provinces and this past summer we went to Michigan to see lighthouses which we both love. This coming summer we plan to take 5 weeks and go to the west coast.
Having a class B is a blessing in so many ways besides the ease of driving and parking. We have come to campgrounds that have big rigs lined up waiting for a campsite and they let us go right in because we can fit in most any spot and don't really care if we have hookups (although we enjoy them if they are readily available.) We can't imagine enjoying traveling as much anyother way!
Roadtrekker

roadtrekker said:
We have a 1998 Roadtrek 190 Popular which we bought used a few years ago. We LOVE it! We can go and park almost anywhere a regular car can go and it has everything we need. We couldn't be happier! We usually take 3 trips a year the longest being in August-September when we take a month.

We love our class B Great West Legend, too. But I can't imagine spending a month in it. Can you describe what you do to avoid feeling closed in if you hit a couple of rainy days? We have had no problems since the awning and weather almost always are favorable around here for just sitting around outside.

Any "space management" tips?

I had a Great West van for about three years, and I loved it.  After I got married, though, it was apparent that it wasn't big enough for my wife and me.  I needed more room in the bedroom and a stand-up shower.  She needed more closet space.  We were sans RV for a couple of years, but about a month ago we purchased a Fleetwood Fiesta LX (Class A) and we love it!

Met a couple a couple of weeks ago that full time in a Road Trek. They love it, but seem to have developed some strange habits.

Bernie, if my wife and I full timed in a Road Trek, we would definitely develop some strange habits! I think you can count on that - take it to the bank. I'm impressed with just the thought!

So, how about a strange habit or two, that you saw? Care to elaborate? What does full timing a Road Trek do to you?

Ray D

Ray

Nothing we  saw, but they said that they wore clothes until they weren't wearable and then buy new and throw away the old. Not many changes of clothes available in the Roadtrek. :D Can't remember some of the other things they mentioned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom