TV #3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

budthedog99

I own a 2005 Southwind 32v.  it has 2 tv's inside with a 3rd in the outside compartment that has been wired in, at least when I remove the faceplate it has a cable attached.  that beind said, up at the selector box on the back, there is no tv3 conection.  does anyone know where the cable is? is it behind the tv or somewhere behind the inside compartment and how do i get to it.
any help woulb be appreciated.
thanks
rob

On my Winnebago, the rear bedroom tv and the one in the basement are on the same cable with a splitter.  Mine go to a selector box and whatever you select for the bedroom tv goes to the basement tv.

On our Itasca the TV outside is a slave of the front TV.  But, we do have a switching box that had all 3 TVs listed.  But, the switch is just to change it from TV or DVD.  Your's is probably wired to go with one of your other TVs.  JMO

Plug in a portable TV, tune to chan 3, Put a DVD in the DVD player, put a Tape in the VCR and/or put a show on the satellite.. Now start pressing buttons,  See which one switches you from source to source for that TV. 

Well I have tried it all.  still cant get it to work.  I did find the cable and it looks like it goes to the back of the motorhome which makes sense if it is driven off the rear tv.  however, i cant find any junction boxes to try to see if the cable is unplugged.  i did pull the power panel by the rear tv and all looks good.  any other idease?  does anyone have the owners manual in PDF that I could get a copy of?

Do you have a standard Winegard wallplate in the back bedroom - the one with the 12 volt outlet and a switch to turn on the antenna amplifier?  If so, that's your splitter - the plate has a jack on the back side to feed a second TV.

If someone's gotten into it, the coax may be connected to the Cable TV inlet instead of the 2nd TV outlet.

See Figure 13 in the Installation Guide.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom