Mahoney on way to Oregon...by going east

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

9/12 Moscow Iowa at the HWH factory for service Tues am
tues-thurs N Liberty Cg for 3 nites visit relatives
Fri back to Des Moines for lunch and goodbys to grandkids.

No problem driving, but it takes me a really long time to hook up and unhook the car! Still not adapted to the increased beta blocker med.

Take your time, travel slow. You don't have to be anywhere. Enjoy the drive.

Wendy

Travel safe and slow, Russ.  Oregon and your Oregonian friends will all be here when you get here!

Margi

Glad to hear that it went well.  Thanks for the posting

Top marks for HWH service. I lined up for bay 1 at 7:30am, so I had excellent wifi in my coach. Problem was the sensor and got a bunch of new parts. I must be out of warranty by now, but service was free! They even hooked up my car for me.

Now at Colony Country CG in N Liberty. a delightful small CG that I allways stay at.
Buzz & Jane Olson (former Happy Trails residents) are still in residence.

WOE IS ME! I have stayed in Iowa too long. Tomorrow night will be a low of 34F. I am going to have to put on long pants!!!

Keep those long pants on....they're predicting snow above 8500 feet in the Colorado Rockies !

Wendy
Rabbit Valley CO

Russ,

Have a good trip back to HT.

It was 50 degs in Chicago last night and will be colder tonight. Not being too bright, we plan on going to Yellowstone on our way back to HT later this month.

k&s

Tomato season in IOWA is now over, :-(
As I headed back to Des MOines today, in the rain at 56F, I saw fall color in the trees.
Sat I start the trip to Oregon.

We're still picking tomatoes from our garden, but they're winding down.  There is one tree in our Timber Valley park which is bright red already.  What does it know that we don't?  Temps back to the 80's the end of next week.

Margi

Russ,

Since you won't be there we'll just wave when we go through Des Moines a week from today on our way to Pender, NE

Enjoy the coast!

ken

Bummer about tomatoes ending in Timber Valley park. I only have enough for 2 more breakfasts.

Made it 300 miles to Kearney NE, misty all the way, 55F.
Cheyenne WY is 300 m away and 6000 ft, good test of my ability to cross the rockies.
Terry Bison Ranch
I-25, exit 2 in WY
307-634-4171
$18.00, 50 amp
flat, treeless
sound of I-25
rolling prarie with bison, antelope

rhmahoney said:
Bummer about tomatoes ending in Timber Valley park. I only have enough for 2 more breakfasts.

Made it 300 miles to Kearney NE, misty all the way, 55F.
Cheyenne WY is 300 m away and 6000 ft, good test of my ability to cross the rockies.
Terry Bison Ranch
I-25, exit 2 in WY
307-634-4171
$18.00, 50 amp
flat, treeless
sound of I-25

And camels! ;D

rhmahoney said:
Terry Bison Ranch
I-25, exit 2 in WY
307-634-4171
$18.00, 50 amp
flat, treeless
sound of I-25

It was 98 degrees when we were there so with the sound of the a/c running, we didn't hear the interstate. They do give you a coupon to use at the restaurant.

Wendy

rhmahoney said:

Breakfast ?!!?  I LOVE tomatoes and snack on them in season during the day (especially the little tiny ones) but, breakfast ?!!?  Over oatmeal?  In an omelet?  What?  Is this Sheila June's idea?  ;D ;D ;D

Love you, Russ.  Hurry safely to us in Oregon.

Margi 

Tom and Margi said:
Breakfast ?!!?  I LOVE tomatoes and snack on them in season during the day (especially the little tiny ones) but, breakfast ?!!?  Over oatmeal?  In an omelet?  What?  Is this Sheila June's idea?  ;D ;D ;D

Love you, Russ.  Hurry safely to us in Oregon.

Margi

Sheila says we do a lot of weird things, but this isn't one of them.  :)

ken

Tom and Margi said:
Breakfast ?!!?  I LOVE tomatoes  but, breakfast ?!!? 

Russ taught me about sliced tomatoes  on rye toast, an  early morning breakfast treat.  Smells yummy in coach and very tasty. Sometimes I sspread a bit of  Garlic flavored Laughing cow soft cheese on the toast first.
This  treat only really works with real homegrown tomaotes, you know , the tasty ones.
Betty

Back
Top Bottom