2 problems with Komfort 3530

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikemcphail

My slide outs are dead on this new rig & I suspect a breaker or fuse. Unfortunately, the fuse panel is behind the slide out (great design!) and I can't get to it. Could there be a separate breaker panel somewhere?

Also, on a related note, anybody happen to know where I can find the drive motor for the main slide out? It seems the underside of this camper is all enclosed & I can't find the drive motor to manually crank the slide.

Gonna be a long couple of nights!

Thank you,
Mike

Typically the slide motor is wired more-or-less direct to the battery and does not go through the usual fuse box. It will have its own in-line fuse in that case.  It also has a relay so that the power for the slide does not actually go through the switch that you press.  The problem could be the relay, the switch, or the 12v power source. However, I have no knowledge of the Komfort electrical design and cannot assure you this is the case.

You said slide outs (plural). Is more than one slide not working?

It has 3 slides and none work (they worked fine just before we came home). Also, the power awning doesn't work. All the other electrical works fine.

Clearly the problem is broader than one motor or one switch & relay, then. I would suspect there is one main power source for all three slide mechanisms.

Do you know what brand of slide mechanism it is, e.g. Power Gear, Lippert, etc.? It might help identify potential problems - or at least get a schematic.

Don't know much about slides....don't have one, but could there be an electrical lock out such as slides won't work unless some other function is done first? (like vehicle in park, or e brake on)

I guess it's a trailer

No, unfortunately, I don't. I looked through all the reams of documentation and there isn't any information about the slides. I downloaded all the manuals from the support section of Komfort's site, and the best guess I have is that it's a Lippert, but I can't tell which one. I sure would like to lay my hands on all the service manuals for this camper; is this kind of stuff available to the general public?

Thanks, Gary

Mike

Gary RV Roamer said:
Clearly the problem is broader than one motor or one switch & relay, then. I would suspect there is one main power source for all three slide mechanisms.

Do you know what brand of slide mechanism it is, e.g. Power Gear, Lippert, etc.? It might help identify potential problems - or at least get a schematic.

I alos have a 2009 Komfort 5er. When I had problems, I called the service manager at Komfort and got help. His name is Rob (don't remember his last name) and his phone number is (503)722-5199. They are in Portland Washington. Good Luck.

Bob

Wow, Thanks! I'm calling Bob tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Mike

Bobandpamlemay said:
I alos have a 2009 Komfort 5er. When I had problems, I called the service manager at Komfort and got help. His name is Rob (don't remember his last name) and his phone number is (503)722-5199. They are in Portland Washington. Good Luck.

Bob

Unfortunately there is no service manual for the whole trailer. Sometimes you can get service or technical documents for various components - you just have to search the net and the component manufacturer websites and see.  Try a search for "slide service manual" (and variations of that) and see if anything useful comes up.

Found it! thanks to your tip about the inline fuse & comments about the controller usually being in the same compartment as the battery. I was staring at this module near the battery but nothing looked like a breaker, so I finally did a search for the brand name that was on a small module that looked like it might be a relay or something - GAMA. On their website I found a control module for 4 reversible dc motors that looked exactly like mine! Mine has 4 connections called "MAIN", "STB" (not sure what that stands for), "BED", & "AWG" - my 3 slides & my awning! I went poking around & found a blown 30 amp fuse. Replaced it with a temporary (smaller, but still 30 amps) and all is right with the world!

Thank you very much for your help!

Mike

Back
Top Bottom