Before and After on our old Truck RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rick Gonzalez

The wife and I just got done with the first phase of the restoration of our old 83 RV.  Posted a few before and after pictures to share what we've got done so far.  It's been a really fun project bringing the old girl back to life.

Some of the improvements are: New carpet, the old orange stuff was scary to say the least.  New electrical wiring throughout, the old shoreline was made from a lamp cord!!! (Really scary).  Got rid of the old dometic gas/elec fridge and replaced with a new Kenmore mini.  Added a GE AC.  2500w Inverter w/ 2 deep cycles and dual battery on board charger.  New LCD TV and DVD.  New ceiling panels, new wood on all the cabinets, refurbished the old stove.  Sanded and stained the cabinets.  New lights throughout and more.

On the mechanical side, new glow plugs and the usual fluid and filter changes.

Thanks for looking!

Rick

Attachments

• 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 356
  • 24.JPG
    24.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 311
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 280
  • 32.JPG
    32.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 272
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 26.JPG
    26.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 262
  • 29.JPG
    29.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 31.JPG
    31.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 278
Thanks! We've really enjoyed it.  Took her out for her first official camping trip this past week, worked out great.  Still a little more work to do but all it all it should be a  lot of fun finishing the restore and of course spending some time out in the woods! 

Looks Great!  Congrats on your finished project.  Time to hit the road!  :)  My husband and I are still knee deep in construction work on our rebuild so seeing finished projects like yours is always inspiring.  You can check out our progress at our blog (see sig line).
Edit: Removed duplicate link.

Thanks Mermayd!  Took a look at your site and all I can say is Wow!  Looks like it is coming along nicely and you guys are doing a great job on it.  Way bigger job than our restore! Best of luck to you and your husband. Hang in there, looks like you'll have a great rig once the restoration is done!

Back
Top Bottom