Spring Wildflower Scramble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
    Hi everyone:  Sorry to say that the Spring Wildflower Scramble in Texas will not happen this year.

I am cancelling this get together because of the continuing drought, expected to carry through the winter, plus the ravages of wild fires across the state.  No telling how many additional fires will happen yet this autumn.  We are losing many old trees just from the drought alone.  We just set another couple of new records.  70 days over 100 and 107 degrees two days ago, which is the hottest day this late in the year on record.

I suggest some one else in the group schedule something in an area more likely to have some nice scenery and wildflowers this next spring.

R. E. (Ron) Marabito

Ron,
Sorry to hear of the Wildflower non event for next spring . But I consider your decision totally understandable!  I would  like to mention to those of you who attended the  2011 Wildflower scramble, that  I purchased many dollars worth of wild flower seeds at the  Seed Farm while on our rally.

This summer the Northwestern part of Idaho was cold wet and dreary most of  June and July but I planted those wild flower seeds anyway.
I watered  faithfully and with a wonderfully warm , sunny August and  into September, I have a planter full of beautiful wild flowers.  I was sorely tempted to pull up many things I considered weeds but since I do not know a wild flower from a weed, I decided to wait until they bloomed to see what woudl happen.  I have at least 7 varieties of flowers.  I'm hoping they decide to return year after year.  So thanks Ron for the  opportunity to maybe have wildflowers here in Idaho. Our highest temp was 89.  All of  August and Sept have been sunny and beautiful.

Betty

Betty Brewer said:
I was sorely tempted to pull up many things I considered weeds but since I do not know a wild flower from a weed, I decided to wait until they bloomed to see what woudl happen.

One woman's weeds are another woman's wildflowers. Enjoy them this year and if they don't re-bloom next year, plant some more !

Sorry about the cancellation. Anyone have any ideas for a spring rally?

Wendy

>>Anyone have any ideas for a spring rally?<<

What about Deadhorse SP in Cottonwood, AZ in mid or late April?

Verde valley railroad
Jerome
Sedona

Years ago we did a fall rally at Deadhorse SP.

I'd go, but I don't think we'll be AZ in April.

Ron,
Sorry you need to cancel the Texas rally. It is really a shame the damage that is being done by the drought.

ken

Ken:  It wasn't that I needed to cancel, it was really not worth all of you coming here with the conditions like they are.

Since this is really an evolution out of Gary and Nancy's Spring Rallies, which were eastern in base, it would be a shame if we can't replace it with something of an eastern nature.  Even Texas was just too far west for us last year when we fully planned on attending.
    So, framily, put your thinking caps on, and see what we can come up with.

Ed

Ron,

I understood that, I guess I didn't word that well.

Hopefully the next year will be a lot better for Texas.

ken

Don't forget the RV Forum's MOAB RALLY is May 13-19, 2012!

Ron, I'm sorry you've felt it necessary to cancel the wildflower rally, but it makes sense.  There's just no rain in the Texas forecast from what I heard the other night on TV.  I just couldn't believe that the last hurricane skirted the Texas border and drenched all the other states that are already saturated!  Praying the wildfires get put out soon.  It's really sad that so many people have lost their homes.

ArdraF

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom