Hershey RV show - observations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

COMer

First of all, it was crowded.  For the time of the year, I was quite surprised.  And it was full of RVs.  They advertised 1200 and while I didn't take the time to count, it seemed like they were all there.

But, I was really surprised at the prices.  On the many units we went in, the "show prices" were 25%-30% off MSRP.  And several times I heard a salesman asking a serious looker to "make me an offer" like there was plenty more to negotiate.  I don't recall the prices at other shows starting this low.  And maybe not surprising, we saw MANY "sold" signs.  Really a lot.  I know that there may be some misleading information there but it shouldn't be any less accurate than any ofter show where they are trying to get you to believe that their models are really selling. 

I thought that it was crowded also, but it was last year also.  The show prices were there....the one we were looking at (2012 Monoco Knight) offered $5000 off from the manufacturer as well as a deal from the dealer....we might have bought one.  It stated that the new engine was getting 11-12 mpg!

We got there just before 9 Saturday. It was ok up until about 12, when the crowds really hit. We left at about 3. (We live in Lancaster, about 30 min away).

I was pleased with the extensive variety of trailers and motorhomes (which we were looking at). My wife and I were disappointed with the lack of accessories. Alot of campgrounds, pain relievers and miscellaneous stuff and a few accessories on the ice at Giant Center, but not a lot. Maybe I was expecting too much being my first show.

It was overall a good time, but I will go during the week next year I think to avoid the rush.

And don't forget the free parking.  Most of the big shows we have attended charge big bucks to park.

Free parking and the dollar off coupon certainly helped!

The $8 for a Pepsi and hotdog was certainly interesting, but not unexpected for Hershey Foods.

Some shows draw a lot of accessory vendors, and others do not. Hard to predict.  have a theory that says campground owners and insurance salesmen like to come to Fall & Winter shows in the south - they get to write off their trip south as business. In the spring and summer, those folks have already gone north but the accessory vendors have not, so they display at shows to help kick off their selling season.

jswalls110 said:
Free parking and the dollar off coupon certainly helped!

The $8 for a Pepsi and hotdog was certainly interesting, but not unexpected for Hershey Foods.

Getting free parking from Hershey is something you should write in your memory book.  I paid $15 to park my motorhome when we took our grandsons to Hersheypark this summer.  Food & beverage prices at Hersheypark are higher than Disney World.

Mike Wagner

Since Hershey moved its production operation to Mexico, do they still have the ride at the park where you smell the chocolate and watch them pouring it into the silver bell molds?  If so, I'd like to take the Grands. 

Mamaw,

Yes they do.  It's called Chocolate World.  It's located next to the amusement park.  BTW, they still make chocolate in Hershey & it does give off a nice aroma.  They are planning to close the original factory in the near future & move production to a modern facility nearby. 

Mike Wagner

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom