Verizon Implements Network Optimization - Throttling Top 5%

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mary Jane said:
I am 4 days from reset and have not exceeded 2 yet!!! I don't suppose VZW will charge less for less usage? ;)

We were home for April, May, and July and used zero, none, 0, not-a. .................. any credit?  Any break? Nope, but they hit us for overage in August.  Doesn't seem fair, but fair isn't part of the deal.  The business of business is to make money.

The other side of this argument is why should we all pay for the 5% who use extraordinary amounts of bandwidth?

Ned,

Maybe we can contribute A LITTLE MORE congestion one of these months by downloading Garmin 1+GB map update and some other software updates.  I'll try!!!

Oh silly me,

JerryF

Jerry, go for the Windows 8 Developers Preview DVD, it's 3.8GB.

Jeff said:
The other side of this argument is why should we all pay for the 5% who use extraordinary amounts of bandwidth?

Because every time they drive off the top 5% who use extraordinary bandwidth, you get a little closer to being in the top 5% yourself. This is about money, not bandwidth. Watch and see.

Yes, it is about money, since the company has a limited about of bandwidth to sell and they are trying to maximise the amount of profit made from that by balancing the price vs the customer "experience". I am always surprised to hear the "greed" card played when referring to a company, greed is what companies are about and should be about.

In some countries internet access has been declared to be a right of their citizens.

One man's greed is another stockholder's profit.

I expect that companies represented in "your" pension portfolio make reasonable profit, and any other companies are greedy... :eek:

Eyes of the beholder, I guess. I'm not defining, just saying there's a dictionary difference. Sorry if I offended anyone, didn't mean to.

It's simple:    What the market will bear. Buy it or don't.. that way you can support or protest. That will eventually square the problem away. Guess what, I am a free market kind of guy.

Carson FL

Phil said:
Interesting concept.  Pay more if you use more.

They are the one's who said it was unlimited.  The problem is, now they don't like the deal THEY made, and want to re-negotiate it.  In my opinion, they made their bed, and now they should sleep in it.

It still is unlimited.  You won't be cut off, just slowed down only when there is excess congestion.  Once the congestion is relieved, your speed goes back up.

My guess is that Verizon will end ALL unlimited data plans when each person's unlimited plan ends.

JerryF

Sprint will be capping their unlimited hotspot plans on Oct. 2, according to this article and others I just read.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom