A general aviation protocol question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have any more General Aviation questions, I'd be happy to answer what I can. I'm new to the site but I've been flying across the country on my own nickel for 25 years. I have stories ;D

GA acft are know as BUG SMASHERS.

Also the largest air carrier in the world. 

More info : More acft fly between ZNY (NY) and ZCL (CLE) Centers between 6AM- 8AM Then Canada, Europe, and the rest of the international community works the rest of the day.

PK ISP TWR
Retired

Jarlaxle said:
Can you settle a dispute, then?  Are ALL acro pilots nuttier than a sack of cashews? :)
They are quite sane when stacked up next to the ag pilots!

Most military aircraft operate on UHF and civilian aircraft and some military on VHF. 121.5 VHF emergency and 243.0 the UHF multiple are emergency frequencies. A pilot transmitting on 121.5 can be heard on 243.0. Control towers operate on several different frequencies. Most larger airports have a frequencie for the Local controller who gives clearances for take off and landing. They generally have a seperate freq. for IFR clearances even though this is now going computerized and then they have a ground control frequency to control traffic on und. In addition there are company freqs where the pilot/crew can discuss various issues and also report things such as ETA or Estimated Time of Arrival etc..... Most of the frequencies for the airport are published on approach plates and elsewhere as required by the aviation community.

I have landed at Crystal River.  Friend of mine is a pilot, we took off from Zephyrhills and flew to CR for breakfast.  As was mentioned, in an uncotrolled airport you announce intentions, if there is another airplane in vicinity it makes them aware.  Not necessarily a tower op.

When at LD I sold a nice coach the the guy that owns Crystal River Auto's, that big string along 19, an Eagle. 
Then a couple years later went to work for him as a fill in.  Really nice guy, and from what I saw in my time there, very above board.  No shenanigans at all. 

Carson    A good site for those interested in aviation is http://flightaware.com/ .  You can track both general aviation aircraft (by tail #) or commercial(by flight #) as well as tune in squawks. It gives info such as air speed, altitude, time left to destination, and shows the plane on a map.

Powderman, thanks for that link.  That'll give me something to do for a while to interpret and get knowledgeable about that site.

Appreciate it... Carson FL

I forgot to mention that if you are trying to track someone it only works if they are flying IFR.  All commercial flights file a flight plan, so they will be viewable.  I use it when I am to pick someone up at the airport. I then can see if indeed the flight left on time and at what time I need to be there.

Our friends in Danbury, CT tracked us outbound to Buffalo that way. It was fun to hear about our flight from somebody else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom