Sewer hose storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokeater1

Rolling up my sewer hose and storing in a garbage bag is no longer fun. I'm considering a PVC pipe that Camping World sells, mounting under the rear of the MH [2005 27' Minnie ] . I know some rigs have inside the bumper storage, just wondering if anyone has had good luck adding a storage pipe ?  Do the hose fittings fit inside the pipe ? Obviously the 90 degree ones will not, but wondering about the end connectors ?

Thanks...

My rig comes with a very "high" rear end (in fact I had to drop the hitch 11 inches in order to hook up my towed)

The rig has 22 1/2 inch (i think) tires, and the rear end is actually at the height of the frame,

I bolted two pieces of PVC to the frame, one 4" one 6" (that last can be hard to find) both ends of the pipe are capped and plugged and there are 1/2 or 3/4 (i think the latter0 "Vents" in the bottom to allow drainage, 2 each pipe, the vents have 90 degree elbows on them pointing to the rear

The caps on the passanger side (non-connection side) are locked in place, the caps on the driver's side are easily removed so you can access the hoses in the big one or the antennas in the small one... Very nice instalation.

Most rigs don't have the high tail end I have, but there may still be room to mount the pipe,  I like the regular PVC sewer pipe though more than the kits.

Also, make sure it can drain, and make sure it drains OUTSIDE the motor home

I added one for my extra hose. Works great. I used tie wraps and aluminum straps on mine. If you're handy, you can make your own with PVC pipe.

The Camping World pvc is very thin-walled compared to buying pvc at Home Depot.  I had one on my coach many years, no problem.  Probably save a few bucks doing it yourself, but having everyting in one kit is nice. 

I have storage in my bumper now, with a tray for the hose, but I will be adding the pvc from Camping World.  Problem with bumber setup, 1 draining, there is none.  2- the tray has to come out pretty completly to get the hose.  3- putting hose back is a bit like messing with a spring. 4- moisture in box will promote rusting. 

and the number 1 reason!  No matter how you rinse, it has odor.  Never had that problem with the other because ir dries up and drains any rinse water faster.

Therre you go...

One of my sewer hoses came with a "pre-installed" PVC jacket, with brackets which are supposed to hold it to the rig (right, till I hit a bump)  This is why I went with the PVC Pipe route. I use 8 feet of PVC

Now.. as it happens I have 3 lengths of hose in that storage pipe... So how do I reach the one at the far end of the pipe?  Awning tool of course, how else.  I use it for many things.. I"ve never used it to pull down the awning however since it's a power awning

smokeater,
I've got an old pvc sewer hose "pipe" from CW you can have if you are anywhere near Ocala, Florida.  Used it on a couple different rigs but can't find any suitable place to hang it on this one.  Ran it cross-wise on our fifth wheels and fore & aft on one motorhome. Fore & aft under the edge of the body is not so convenient to get at if needed every day or two.  We use the 90 degree elbow on the in-ground end but ours is the Camco detachable model, so removeable when storing the hose.  The rest of the fittings fit in a 6 inch pipe.

I would probaly make it myself if buying a new one. A 6 inch pipe (white or black), a couple caps and a few feet of pipe strap are all you need.  The plastic straps on the commercial model aren't all that sturdy anyway.

Thanks everyone.  From your answers, I think the plan will be to just buy a section of 6" pipe and end caps, drill a few holes and mount the thing....Since we are just weekenders, we use and store the hose on every trip.

I mounted mine under the living room slide. Turned out to be a good place.
I think I am going to add another one because I have come across a few places where I need an additional ten feet or so to add to the twenty foot primary hose.

Smoke... I'll take a low-res photo tomorrow and attach it to a message..

Or if you have a T-Mobile cell phone I can phone it to you (that's what I'll take the shot with)

I would recommend one thing different from what I did, but I'll explain with the photo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom