A rant...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca1369

I just learned of the execution of convicted cop-killer Troy Davis at the Georgia Diagnostic Center in Jackson, Georgia.  I?m not going to comment on his guilt or innocence, I doubt it will ever be certain in everybody?s minds.  But, I do regret that as a species we humans continue to kill people to show people that killing people is wrong.

Actually I have mixed emotions on this.  On the one hand I would fragmentize the body of anyone who harmed someone I loved.  Yet on the other hand I do not grok why the government of the people deems it has the right to end the life of another human. 

Perhaps it is because it seems so impersonal.  That we must create an entire industry dedicated to what is nothing less than murder.  People are paid to kill people.  Legal hit men.  Their zeal so great that some of those executed were innocent, lost in the process, convicted by an abundance of evidence that may later be found to be circumstantial or even worse, fabricated.  The execution of one innocent individual renders the whole concept of state controlled capital punishment worthless and immoral.  What is worse is that there is no end to the humans who delight in filling the positions required of such an industry.

Where have we erred as a species?  We have made great technological advances.  We are on the verge of stellar exploration.  Yet as I look at our basic human nature I see little more than club-wielding Neanderthals in Armani suits.  We are not that far from our ancestors in our basic nature.  We fight and kill each other for nearly any reason that we can conjure.  We hate so easily, but upon what is our hatred based?  Culture?  Race?  Economic standing?  What name someone calls their chosen God?  Yes, our chosen Gods?nearly all of whom preach love and peace which we ignore because of our fanatic desire to propagate these same Gods by war and death. 

I have no answer.  Only time will tell if we can truly evolve and become a species of worth.  I also have to wonder about those of us who ponder the reasons that extra-terrestrials, who are thought to visit us on a regular basis, do not open their arms and welcome us into some sort of universal brotherhood.  I have to laugh at this.  Who would want us?  We can?t get along with a human of a different faith or ethnic background, yet we kid ourselves that we can be brothers to creatures that may not be of the same chemical makeup as ourselves.

Besides, who would want us?  Would they want their daughters to marry one of us?

I figure this one will be locked real soon. But one of the last things he said on his death bed was" he was not directly responsible for the death. " He was their and he did help murder the cop. they beat the cop down and shot him.  Troy might not have pulled the trigger, But all the people that saw it said he did. 22 years later some of the people are recanting. Of coarse they know they can't be convicted for the crime because they were protected for their testamoney. For 22 years the government has fed, clothed him, kept him well. he got free dental has no bills, can sit their all day and watch tv in a aircondictioned building and we have to pay for all of it. If it had been one of your sons that had been buried 22 years ago how would you feel?  The death penitently is a bad thing to have but until we as a people learn that life isn't free and stop murdering people to steel what they have or murder them because they piss us off then their has to be something their to try to stop them. The going thing in Atlanta with minors is, I can get away with it because I'm under age and the jails are full so they will let me go. A few months ago a guy was pissed because his girlfriend had dumped him. he went to a party later that week and he told 3 of his friends he was going to beat the next boy that walked in the door. Well he didn't lie. The next kid that walked in the door was jumped on by him and then all 3 of his friends joined in, the 4 of them beat the kid to death for no reason except he was the next boy to walk in the door at the party. Should we put all 4 of them in jail for the rest of their lives and feed them? What about the dead boy?

Maybe we should just talk about RV's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom