Need campgrounf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tin man

Will be in Waterloo NY on 13-14 oct.  Need campground off Rt 17 near Monticello NY.

Tried Rhinebeck but no ans.

Thanks

Jim W

American Family Campground, now known as Deerpark KOA, is about 15 miles away. Most campgrounds in that area close around 10/1, though.
http://www.americanfamilycampground.com/

Oakland Valley Campground says they are open to 10/15, if that's late enough.  http://www.oaklandvalleycampground.com/

I have overnighted at the Kmart where 209 crosses I84, if that would work for you. It's a decent location for overnights.

About 35 Miles east is a lovely campground which is the Villages at the Turning Stone.  Very nice.

Gary

You are right about campgrounds closing.  That is the last weekend most Of them are open. Was able to get into Rheinbeck.  Big doings there last weekend.  Going to a football game in Southbend than up to Mackinaw Island, and work our way home. 

First Trip since picking up the motor home in July in VA. 

Looking forward to spending two months in Florida this winter.

Thanks for the advise.

Jim

About 35 Miles east is a lovely campground which is the Villages at the Turning Stone.  Very nice.

Are we talking about the same place? Turning Stone is near Oneida, which is a heck of a way WEST & North of  Monticello in Sullivan County. But the OP also mentioned Waterloo and that is much further west and about 70 miles from Turning Stone.

Well anyway, he found a site at Rhinebeck, so no worries.

Where are you staying in Rheinbeck? Interlake?  That seems like a long way from Monticello.

We've stayed at the Brook N Wood in Red hook - very nice place with friendly owners.

We just came back from the Finger Lakes and stayed Sned Acres CG in Ovid, NY.  DW made me go to the outlets in Waterloo and it took about 1/2 hr.  Sned Acres is a Passport America CG and was very nice.  Had sites that handled big rigs, had a 40' Allegro parked next to me with room to spare.  We had full hookups and paid about $20/day. 

Gee I left the turning stone to Waterloo and I had no idea it was 70 miles it sure didn't seem that far but I was a woman on a mission...

Back
Top Bottom