Has anyone used PogoPlug?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rikmac

I'm thinking on getting an android tablet, but not impressed with the memory size (this also goes for the iPad).  Has anyone used this service on an android tablet?  I downloaded the free service and tried it on a friends computer and it seems quite impressive.  Just looking for opinions on this service.  Thanks in advance for all your help.

Haven't seen that one before, but their are many similar services. All work, but none quite as well as their glowing ads. Streaming the data from somewhere in the clouds is rarely as fast as they would have you believe, but it does work.

I use Dropbox to sync data between my tablet and my computers, but Pogo offers more free storage.

I haven't found space to be  a limitation on my 32 GB Xoom tablet, but I don't try to keep a lot of movies on it. And I could always add another 32 GB of SD card if I needed it.

Thanks Gary for the info.  I was out today looking at the droid tablets and one of the salesman was telling me that the new OS will be out this fall/winter.  I believe I will try the free service on my laptop until the new droids arrive then I will have a much better idea on the quality of the service...

Not sure what new version was talking about (assuming he actually knew anything anyway). Some droid tablets are still running 2.2 and still need to upgrade to 3.1 (Honeycomb).  There is talk about a new Android version, probably called Ice Cream Sandwich, but hardly even any rumors on its content yet.

Back
Top Bottom