EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Missouri & Iowa with the Stocks  (Read 34084 times)

Dean & Linda Stock

• ---
Re: Missouri & Iowa with the Stocks
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2011, 11:28:17 PM »
More pictures
Dean and Linda Stock
and Sherlock (the cat)
Cypress, CA
2006 Airstream Motor Home
2006 Jeep Liberty (Towed)

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2011, 08:09:41 AM »
Another tidbit on saguaros; if you transplant them, the compass orientation of the plant must be retained. As the saguaro grows, the skin facing the sun toughens. If you replant with the other side facing the sun, you could get a sunburned saguaro and it will die. When we landscaped our house, each of the two saguaros we had planted had north identified on the plant.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

PatrioticStabilist

« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2011, 08:42:23 AM »
We had driven to Vegas years ago but I don't remember seeing  all the cactus.  I know we drove a different highway at that time.

They really are beautiful in the desert and you have to wonder how they manage to stay alive.  A real wonder of nature.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2011, 11:07:33 AM »
Isn't the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum a fabulous place? Definitely worth visiting any time you're in the area. Don't know if they still have it, but when we were there, you could buy a discount booklet that had a whole bunch of 2-for-1s including the Desert Museum and Pima Air Museum. It was well worth the purchase price.

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2011, 04:17:06 PM »
Another wonderfully interesting description with beautiful photos.  Linda, I'll miss your travelogue and will await another one in the future.  Thank you both, Linda and Dean.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

workingtorv

• ---
« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »
I would like to thank both of you for your wonderful postings and pictures.  I love reading about your journeys and will be anxiously waiting for your next journey.
2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit
2008 Saturn AuraXR
Ontario, Canada

Dean & Linda Stock

• ---
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2011, 12:26:49 AM »
I would like to thank both of you for your wonderful postings and pictures.  I love reading about your journeys and will be anxiously waiting for your next journey.

Thanks so much.  I'm glad you enjoyed the log.  Our next big journey will be to Alaska this summer.  We loved it last time, but we know new experiences beckon.  I especially love the wildlife up there.
Dean and Linda Stock
and Sherlock (the cat)
Cypress, CA

Dean & Linda Stock

• ---
« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2011, 12:33:01 AM »
Another wonderfully interesting description with beautiful photos.  Linda, I'll miss your travelogue and will await another one in the future.  Thank you both, Linda and Dean.

ArdraF

And, I enjoy your extra tips on places to go and historic facts.  We didn't get as much time as we would have liked in Arizona, so we MAY (not will) do a mini-trip in the January-February timeframe.  Dean wants to add it on to Quartzite, but I really don't want to spend a week to 10 days in "The Armpit of the Earth."  I LOVE seeing friends and meeting the new people, but I hate the place, and the strong winds we had last year did not help me like it any better.  I know I'm but one voice (not even my husband agrees), but has anyone ever considered a more civilized place like Tucson?  It has lots of hiking areas, as well as nice, inexpensive parks.
Dean and Linda Stock
and Sherlock (the cat)
Cypress, CA

Dean & Linda Stock

• ---
« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2011, 12:35:40 AM »
Isn't the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum a fabulous place? Definitely worth visiting any time you're in the area. Don't know if they still have it, but when we were there, you could buy a discount booklet that had a whole bunch of 2-for-1s including the Desert Museum and Pima Air Museum. It was well worth the purchase price.

Wendy

Yes, it is a gem.  I loved it!  There is a discount booklet that I found by googling "discount coupons in Tucson" when we were there.  We will investigate it further when we are in Arizona for a longer time.
Dean and Linda Stock
and Sherlock (the cat)
Cypress, CA

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2011, 08:28:54 AM »
I know I'm but one voice (not even my husband agrees), but has anyone ever considered a more civilized place like Tucson?  It has lots of hiking areas, as well as nice, inexpensive parks.

Linda

There is the "unhosted" New Year's Frally at Catalina State Park between Christmas and New Year's.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

Hosted by Over The Network