Getting washer/dryer out of 2002 Ultimate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rldesot

Our washer/dryer leaked the last time it was used and I'm trying to get it out to see what is wrong.  How do they do it???????????  Tried to remove the front of the cabinet but can't get at all the screws.

Welcome!

Can you post a picture of the cabinetry?  I know somebody that had a UA (don't remember what model year), and he had his out once or twice a year for maintenance.  On my Horizon, all I need to do is remove the two cabinet doors and pull 'er out.  I built a platform the same level as the base of the W/D and would scoot it out on the platform.

This is in an Ultimate Freedom.    I got the screws our of the face frame to the walls and counter top.  The counter top has a lip overlapping the face frame.  Also the right side wall trim overlaps the frame.  Only lower left corner of the face frame is free.

Attachments

• P9250035a.jpg
    P9250035a.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 60
The UFs have such gorgeous cabinetry  :).

How to get the W/D slid out is not obvious to me from your picture unfortunately.  If nobody pops in here with an answer, give Winnebago Owner Relations a call tomorrow - they're quite knowledgeable and helpful

Not sure how to get all the cabinetry out of the way but my washer/dryer had brackets holding the 2 front adjustable legs down. Very difficult to get under unit and unscrew the brackets. On the left front corner I had to unscrew the adjustable washer leg to get bracket out. No picnic but I managed to get it out and back in after about an hour of wrestling. After two front brackets were removed the unit slid forward out of two rear brackets. It was a tight fit. Not sure yours is same setup (Mine is 2006 Winnie Adventurer 37B). Good Luck.

I am attaching a photo of the brackets that hold down the W/D. Please do not be confused as when I installed my W/D I used 4 brackets, the two in the rear I put in to stop the W/D from trying to tip forward in a quick stop. The brackets are the same just the ones in the photo are reversed as they are the rear ones. On my W/D you just remove the front metal plate on the bottom of the Splendid W/D and you can see the front two brackets. If you want I can take a photo of the front panel removed if that would help Art

Attachments

• W-D 2 Drain Pan Installed.JPG
    W-D 2 Drain Pan Installed.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 22
SORRY INCORRECT PHOTO! I HATE getting OLD Here is correct photo Art

Attachments

• W-D 3 Rear Brackets Installed.JPG
    W-D 3 Rear Brackets Installed.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 21
I just went out to the rig & took a new photo of the front brackets with the front plastic panel removed. It is plastic not metal as I first stated & it hinges from the bottom so pry it loose from the TOP. hope this helps. I put mine in with a drip tray so yours will just have wood under it I think. Hope this helps Art

Attachments

• W-D FRONT BRACKETS.JPG
    W-D FRONT BRACKETS.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 18
rldesot said:
Our washer/dryer leaked the last time it was used and I'm trying to get it out to see what is wrong.  How do they do it???????????  Tried to remove the front of the cabinet but can't get at all the screws.

Can you get to the back of the W/D through a cabinet or dresser drawers?  Mine was leaking from new in my 2004 Meridian and we just happened to be in Oregon on vacation on the first trip so made an appointment with the distributor in Portland for repairs.  The tech was able to remove the lip from the front of the cabinet, remove two of the dresser drawers behind the W/D, remove the screws along the back side of the top of the machine allowing removal of the top, and determine the plastic water distributor had frozen before delivery due to lack of winterization by Winnebago.  I've noticed some W/Ds are mounted in the rear corner of a coach which would eliminate any possibility of reaching the back of the machine without removing it completely from the cabinet.
Good luck on your problem.  It seems our coaches are not made to be worked on after assembly at the factory.

Allen

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom