Brewers Yellowstone 2011 "Frallies"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
Some of you may know that  Terry and I  "do" our  vacation planning  by year.  This year is my turn to plan where we go, who we see and what we do!  Yellowstone was on my list and I want to thank Kim and Christi for the recommendations in Ennis ( Ennis RV Village, Sports Grill and Virginia City)  We  had our mail sent to Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone and I want to thank Don and Mary Ann for retrieving  our mail packet prior to  our delayed arrival.  Don and Mary Ann  are  work camping there and got us a beautiful  back-in spot  near them.  Grizzly is a wonderful RV  Park and  I think, had we the time,  we could have easily just  lived there!

Terry got their TV issues fixed in short time.  We put our resources together for a wonderful meal at their  place.  Terry took this photo with his Iphone as we had  happy hour prior to dinner.  While this photo will prove an RVForum Rally, I'd like to add a few comments.....  We all look better in person than this photo shows.  Mary Ann has bright shiny eyes opened all the time we  are with her!  Don has lost enough weight on a low carb  program that his daughter was convinced he was ill. (He looks great)  I  am at  an eight year low weight (thank you Weight Watchers) and the  photo does not reflect my true  being!  So stay tuned for future Yellowstone adventures with the Brewers.

We had a wonderful evening and breakfast  in the morning of catching up, sharing stories and being Framily!  Stay tuned for our Yellowstone  adventures with more  Framily!

Attachments

• Grizzly.JPG
    Grizzly.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 119
Betty,
  Cannot tell from the message if you are there now.  If you are, when do you leave?  Debbie and I are at  Rainbow Point Campground (in the national forest about 10 miles from West Yellowstone); we will be around until Saturday morning.
John

Brewers are indeed still here!  They are now in yellowstone.  I stayed at rainbow point a couple weeks ago, very nice!  Let us know when you come into the park. 

Looks like the mosquitos aren't as bad as they were back in July!  ;D

Every evening was a smorgasborad!

Mike

We were in the park Saturday and Sunday and will visit each day this week.  We are using Rainbow Point as a base and will probably be in the park each day this week.

Just in case our daughter, the other kids and grandkids see the Rally picture, Yes!, I do always wear white socks with my jeans and black shoes!  Cool, huh?

We all had a great time and Terry made up for the general calorie shortfall of his companions with the country fried steak at breakfast at the Running Bear Pancake House!

Thanks again to Terry for fixing our sat TV problems!

Don

Mosquitoes are not bad at all.( Haven't seen one yet)  We  plan to stay until Wednesday then head to Jackson but that schedule is subject to change.  We need to be in Moab, Utah  on October 2.

Off for a ride now with Jim and Pat.

Betty

Betty Brewer said:
Terry took this photo with his Iphone  We all look better in person than this photo shows.  Mary Ann has bright shiny eyes opened all the time we  are with her!  Don has lost enough weight on a low carb  program that his daughter was convinced he was ill. (He looks great)  I  am at  an eight year low weight (thank you Weight Watchers) and the  photo does not reflect my true  being!  So stay tuned for future Yellowstone adventures with the Brewers.

Congratulations Don and Betty on the weight loss. And, Betty, grab that new iPhone of Terry's...you can download lots of Free WW apps including one that scans the UPC on things in the grocery store and calculates the points !

Wendy

The ride with Pat and Jim started promptly at 9 am and we've just returned at 6:30 pm.  We are pooped!  We are going through our photos trying to recall the names of all of the wonderful sites.  We saw it all today (almost) !  Chipmunks, bison, elk, sand cranes, no bears .

As soon as I figure out something quick and easy for dinner and  wade through the mountain of photos we took, I'll be back to  post some more info.  Yellowstone is fascinationg,  wonderful and  just a WOW.  I can't begin  to give  you a favorite location or site because I loved them all. 

I am rethinking our scheduled time to leave!

Betty
Wendy I will  pm you on the WW app. Today was NOT a WW day.

We were  fortunate that today was a day off for Jim and Pat and they  offered to spend the day as tour guides with us.  It was reminiscient of the many many days we have spent together in the car seeing the sights of North America.  Terry and  Jim  sat in front seat while Pat and I  shuttered ourselves into the back seat  visiting all theway.  We had a record number of entering and exiting the vehicle.  No easy task on a  Jeep  lifted 3 1/2 inches .

So here are a few of my favorite photos and  in a minute I will post the  favorites of Terry.  This Framily thing is the greatest in the world.  We have many years of seniority with Jim and Pat so it was a wonderful day of catching up and seeing the new.  They are now the Yellowstone experts!

Attachments

• A pool Yellowstone Lake.JPG
    A pool Yellowstone Lake.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Viewpoint.JPG
    Viewpoint.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Our Wheels.JPG
    Our Wheels.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Bison of the day.JPG
    Bison of the day.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Jim Pat Upper Falls.JPG
    Jim Pat Upper Falls.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 49
  • Another  pool.JPG
    Another pool.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 45
  • Jim, Pat, Terry IMG_2533.JPG
    Jim, Pat, Terry IMG_2533.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 55
Betty,

Thanks for the post and for the photos. Jim and Pat are very special people, and I'm not the least surprised that they offered to be tour guides.

And here are a few  photos Terry wanted me to share.  This after our break to watch Dancing with the Stars.

Attachments

• Continental Divide.JPG
    Continental Divide.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Upper Falls-8.JPG
    Upper Falls-8.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Yellowstone Lake Area-5.JPG
    Yellowstone Lake Area-5.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 63
Betty,

It was our pleasure to act as tour guides, even though we don't know it all.  :) if you could stay a few more days we would love it!!!! Really enjoyed our time together.

Tom said:
Betty,

Thanks for the post and for the photos. Jim and Pat are very special people, and I'm not the least surprised that they offered to be tour guides.

Tom,

Thanks for those kind words. We love our Framily and enjoy every minute we have with them!

Betty,

I believe the first "pool" in your photos is The Abyss. Not sure of the second one but it is at Mammoth. :)

Aarghh,

The second pool escapes my mind but the farthest one in the photo is Canary Springs. I should know the first as it's one which I captured last year and one of my favorites! I'll find out tomorrow!!!

So close yet so far.  Being my work days I missed out on this, but will be around for a pot luck or out to dinner.  Just let me know.  aybe a group meet at Bear Pit tonight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom