2001 Fleetwood Terry 25BH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADubois

Hello all

My wife and I are thinking of going to check out this 2001 Terry 25BH. I've got a couple questions about this trailer.
1. Would you expect this to be a wood frame or metal frame & the same with the floor and roof?

2. I read where Carl had told a member here he should check the age of the tires. If this were a trade in how would one know the age of the tires is there a code stamp on the trailer tires?

3. Are these roofs rubber on top?

4. Is there any known problems with these trailers that would make one want to skip it?

Any general knowledge on this trailer that I should be aware of would be appreciated.

Thank you
Alan

ADubois said:
Hello all

My wife and I are thinking of going to check out this 2001 Terry 25BH. I've got a couple questions about this trailer.
1. Would you expect this to be a wood frame or metal frame & the same with the floor and roof?

2. I read where Carl had told a member here he should check the age of the tires. If this were a trade in how would one know the age of the tires is there a code stamp on the trailer tires?

3. Are these roofs rubber on top?

4. Is there any known problems with these trailers that would make one want to skip it?

Any general knowledge on this trailer that I should be aware of would be appreciated.

Thank you
Alan

Well you got beat to it.  Too bad but as was said, there are plenty of Prowlers and Terries out there.  For future reference, I'll try to field your questions.

1.  Once upon a time all Prowlers were wooden frames, all Terries aluminum.  Nowadays I understand, Prowlers have gone to aluminum also.  What is the difference?  For all intents and purposes, none. 

2.  Check the library.  I believe there is a file on age determination of tires in there.

3.  Those are probably rubber roofs.  If in doubt climb up there and look.  If it looks like a rubbery roof it is a rubber roof.

4.  I have a 23'  Prowler that has run for some 10 years.  I have replaced one valve assembly for the water heater and exchanged a lousy Linear tape player for an equally lousy Linear CD player.  (I am not a Linear fan.)

My mantra is that a trailer is a simple box mounted on a pair of dead axles and filled with appliances made by the same set of manufacturers that supply the entire industry.  The appliances are warrantied by their own manufacturers.  With a used unit inspect the unit for body damage or defect and the appliances for operation.

Thank you for the reply's.
My wife and I found a 95 Prowler 25ft Bunk House F-W this weekend that we really liked. So we're getting it. Kind of funny we weren't looking for a F-W but it is real clean and has all we could ask for in a trailer for our weekend camping trips. Which is mainly what we do at this point in time. Just couldn't find anything wrong with the unit. The wife wants to change the color of things inside but thats good it gives her a fun project.
I'll check the library for determining the age of tires. These tires are brand new still has the nubs on them, but it would be good to have an understanding of how to determine the age of tires.
We have plans to try it out this weekend but the weather forcast is trying to cut in on the fun. We'll see.
Thank you again
Alan

Back
Top Bottom