Beautiful Butchart Gardens 8 minute Slide Show - Located on Vancouver Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

One of the many high points of our September tour of Vancouver Island was the beautiful Butchart Gardens.  For those who like vibrant colors, flowers, and lawn work done by others below is a 85 slide 8 minute 30 second slide show of our tour of the gardens.  Our only regret is we did not have enough energy left to come back after dark and see it again with the landscaping lights turned on.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4rDg4TDqs8

Thanks for posting!!!!  Your pictures really bring back a lot of memories.  We've been there many times, but not in the last 10 years.  It's good to know it hasn't changed.  Our Son was born in Port Angeles in 1974 and the first trip we took him on was to Victoria and the gardens when he was a few months old.  We lived in Sequim, WA at the time and loved to make day trips to the Island.

Do they still have their night shows?  They used to have several shows every week with different themes.  I remember their Scottish Show and the light show at the big fountain.

Maybe next year we'll make it again.

Great pics and a real good tourist attraction. Whenever anyone comes here to visit, the gardens are one of the first things they want to see. Too bad you didn't make it back for night as the gardens take on an entirely different personality. You will likely enjoy most of your Island tour, except for the ridiculous ferry rates you need to pay to get here and off of here. Came across this week and my RV was 170 bucks and car 74, ONE WAY.

Which way did you get over to the island.  Last year when we were up there, we considered making the trip over because they had a special from Anacortes that was about half price.  I don't remember the cost, but I was impressed with the special they were having.  Do they regularly have specials on the fares?

We did take the WSF from Anacortes to Sidney.  I THINK the cost was $89 for me and the 22 foot van and an additional $16 for Joanne.  I do not know if or when they run discounts.  Did talk to a couple in a 'C' with a tow vehicle and they found it was cheaper by about $50 to take them on separately rather then hooked together.  Will chk or records when we have time.  Jo has all $$$ figures on her laptop.

I finally got a chance to look at your Butchart video.  Nice job!  Isn't it amazing what someone with imagination and a green thumb can do with an old rock quarry!  The Butchart's certainly left a nice legacy for the rest of us to enjoy.  We haven't been there for quite a while and I noticed a few changes like the one hedge that is now huge and so interestingly trimmed.  Anyway, thanks for taking the time to put the video together and for sharing it with us.

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom