Atwood Furnace and Remote Control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZuniJayne

Greetings, Gang!  I am still alive and doing pretty well since getting the pacemaker last year.  I'm parked at a friend's place near Albuquerque for the winter - can't afford to go anywhere right now. <sigh>  At least I have full hookups.  I'm getting spoiled.  <g>

Hennyway, I have an RV friend visiting me here that is having problems with his furnace.  His motor home is a 2009 Damon Daybreak 3370, and the furnace is an Atwood 8500 IV series.

It appears the ONLY control for his furnace and AC is a Carrier remote.  It will run the AC fine, but the furnace doesn't respond.  We've looked all around the furnace area for a sensor but couldn't find one.  All we could see are some loose spade connector wires behind the air intake that look like they might have run up to a regular thermostat at one time.

The 12v panel blade fuse for the furnace (according to the diagram, at least) is fine.  The furnace power switch is turned on behind the exterior door.

Any ideas where the furnace sensor might be?  Or have been?  The other thing in this situation is that he had an alarm system installed in the furnace area.  The furnace did work at one time before the alarm system was put in, but he can't remember if it worked afterwards.  I'm wondering if the alarm installer didn't inadvertently damage the furnace.

I can post a couple of pictures tomorrow if that will help.

TIA,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom