What does Climate Control Swithch on Refrigerator Mean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The metal skin around the door openings is cooled by being next to the lower temperatures in the refrigerator and freezer, so in warm or humid environments condensation can form there.  To compensate, there's a low current heating element running around the door openings to warm the metal enough to prevent the condensation.

The climate control switch turns the heater on or off.  If you notice condensation, turn it on.  You'll use more 12 volt power, but the added draw is only significant when you're boondocking.

Lou, I've been looking all over for that switch.  I have a Norcold 1200 4 door and can't find that switch.  Even my manual doesn't say anything about it.  Wonder if some units have the switch and others don't.

Marsha~

Some models don't have the feature, I don't believe the 1200 has. FYI as a side note, the Norcold 1200 was included in a Product Recall. You might want to see if it applies to your unit.

Norcold Recall

I read something somewhere that led me to believe that the 1200 didn't come with this feature, not much help there, but I did come across the recall notice and wanted to make sure you were aware of those in any event. Sorry I couldn't do any better.

Marsha, I don't know anything about your particular fridge. I suppose it is possible that the system does not have that feature or.. it is on at all times, as it was designed.

I believe a residential fridge works all the time. Power is no object.

You can probably check the current draw (12 V system) to see if it is excessive. If more than a fraction of an amp, it probably is active all the time.  Just an uneducated guess.

Carson FL

Back
Top Bottom