Southeast Spring Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Gary and Nancy Brincks will be hosting the SE Spring rally at the Georgia Veterans State Park on Lake Blackshear near Cordele, GA from April 13-17. They invite all of their Roaming Friends - and their friends too - to attend and join the fun.  Just make your reservations at the park for as much or as little of the time as you like, but the Brincks would appreciate it if you would let them know if you plan to be there. (Just post a message here and Gary will be sure to see it).

Gary describes Veterans Park as:

"a nice 77 site campground on the shore of Lake Blackshear in a huge park that includes an 18 hole golf course and a Veterans Museum with aircraft, armored vehicles, uniforms, weapons, medals and other items from the Revolutionary War through the Gulf War.  Some other things to see and do in the area include the President Carter Family Home in Americus, the Georgia Agrirama Park in Tifton, an antique telephone museum and the Habitat For Humanities Global Village."

Reservations can be made online at www.gastateparks.org/info/georgiavet/  or call 1-800-864-7275 (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Saturday - Sunday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST).

I really wish we could be there Gary. We'd love to see you and Nancy again. But we have too much stuff going on this year, including 4 sets of overseas visitors who will need handholding. Also have kids visiting in between, Moab, and a bunch of boating activities. Whew, it was easier when I was working and constantly traveling the world. I thought retirement was meant to be easy. Maybe I should go back to work  ;D

Tom you don't have any time left in your schedule to go back to work. ;D ;D  I know we don't cause we are too busy enjoying life.

You're right Ron. I've also taken note of Fred's favorite tag line:

Today might be the last day of your life, so why work?

Gary

As soon as your plans become a little less vague we ought to pencil some dates in the calendar. This year filled up in a hurry  ;D

I agree, but it probably won't happen until next winter and spring.  We don't plan really ahead very much, except in terms of a general location and later a general route.  Actual dates are few.  But if we are "out West", it will be for about 6 months, so there ought to be a fit somewhere.

This year's Southeast Spring Rally is not shaping up to be a large gathering but I don't think we will be short on fun.

Expected attendees (so far):

Gary & Nancy Brinck
Dave & Jeanette Reavis
Dan & Jeannine Wainwright
George & Jo Jannini-Greenberg
Joel & Camille Myer
Ian & Doreen Hall (tentative)

Georgia Vetwerans State Park
Cordele, GA
April 13-17
Reservations can be made online at www.gastateparks.org/info/georgiavet/  or call 1-800-864-7275 (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Saturday - Sunday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST).

Oops Gary, I thought I'd anounced it on the web sote, but just realized I'd merely added it the calendar.

I just went ahead and added it to the front page of the web site with a link back to my earlier announcement here.

We'll be there!

For some reason, the origional thread didn't have a "reply" so I started new threat.

I guess we could head that way Gary it just so happens we havent got anything planned for the next 3 months
and its time we head north .I will check with Doreen and confirm later

Ian & Doreen,
Please do so, if you can. Would love to meet you two "face to face" and you would get to experience a small but otherwise typical "framily" gathering.  There are no special ceremonies or anything, but we usually gather around someone's site for morning coffee (or tea), have a social hour (or two) around 4 pm and  and cooperate on the evening meal.  All done informally and participation is at your whim.

Barbara & I plan to head west on April 2.? We will think about you all.? Hopefully we can make it to the fall rally.? We had to set up a new "account" with RV Forum so now we are known at DavidAndrews.? ?
Have fun.? David & Barbara

The Wainwrights have arrived at the Georgia Veterans Park and report it is quite full, so if you haven't made a reservation for the Spring Rally you should do so promptly.  Many kids are out of school on Spring Break and familioes are taking advantage to go camping.

RV Roamer said:
The Wainwrights have arrived at the Georgia Veterans Park and report it is quite full, so if you haven't made a reservation for the Spring Rally you should do so promptly. 

We are in space 30.  For those with waterfront reservations, sites 1 - 4 are right across the street from us.  They are roomier and less crowded together than some of the other spaces.

Wishing all the framily members attending the Southeast Spring Rally have a great time.  Hopefully we will be able to attend again sometime in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom