Ok guys how hard to get around

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carolyn,

Thoughts on your ice maker comment:"Ok, ice maker very cold quick, turned it off for now, no water, need to look at diagram."

Many RV refrigerator freezer ice makers are fed though a charcoal water filter normally located under the kitchen counter. If you have a filtered water faucet on the counter, look underneath and you will likely see the filter container. The drinking water faucet assemblies I have seen all look like a giraffe's neck (IE high). This type of water feed  may, or may not, apply to separate (not in the RV freezer) units fitted in some coaches....

These filters often have a shut off valve close by and under the counter so the filter cartridge can be changed out without shutting off the main water supply either outside or elsewhere in the coach. If it is turned off... no water is fed to the ice maker!!! (Maybe no filter either or it could need changing, something else to check!! Charcoal cartridges do have a limited useful lifetime.)

There also may be a valve just behind the refrigerator as well and it can be seen by taking off the outside panel behind the fridge. The water solenoid is there and you will note the small clear plastic (in many cases) pipe going UP to the top of the fridge.

Congratulations on your new rig!  Just a comment on reliability.... mine is nearly as old as yours, and it's been thoroughly reliable (3 years and counting).  The preventative maintenance your husband is doing is the key to longevity and reliability.  I admire you in being so "hands-on" in getting to know the mechanics of the rig.  ANY rig can break down, but a well-maintained one is much less likely to have problems.  You're getting a lot of good advice from many knowledgable folks on this forum.

You'll find the valve that diverts your water connection from "city" to "tank fill", that should take care of the water overflowing below the rig.  The "valve", or "plug" at the base of your W/D is a filter trap.  It's only to be removed after the machine has emptied itself, then you may lose a small amount of water so it's advisable to have a rag handy at that time.

Have fun getting to know the rig better.  You got a good quality motorhome that you will really appreciate.  No slides means no seals leaking, with associated water damage, and no mechanical breakdowns of hydraulic mechanism or getting stuck with it out.  You did good..!

I pulled out the manual for the icemaker, it said once the unit reaches a certain temperature then the water will enter the tray area and freeze.  Apparently it getting very cold triggers it, interesting.

I need to order the tray for it, its missing.

Carolyn,

I found this one first so I'm posting out of topic. The below link:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=47433.msg436348#msg436

Shows what the tung oil on oak winds up looking like.

Ernie

That is a very attractive finish Ernie, you also do very neat work.  I will consider using that type of finish.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom