Ken Burns to lead Tour in Yellowstone. Pancake will be there.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

http://intransit.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/14/the-charms-of-yellowstone-in-winter/

Check this out!  Ken Burns will be leading a group in Yellowstone.  I guess I have a goood shot of meeting him, I am sure that with his visit to Old Faithful, he will include a visit to the Visitor Center.  One of the winter work perks.

The way I read the article it looks like Ken will not be leading any tours. He is to give a lecture to the masses before the tour.

Yes, will be here Dec, Jan, Feb Mar, leave for a month, be back in April.

Tom  I'll have to reread, but I hear the tour is in danger of being cancelled.

We have the Winter in Yellowstone DVD - absolutely fabulous. And much warmer to watch than actually being there in January!  If you can't get to the Yellowstone gift shop to buy a copy, order it from Amazon.  Addendum:  Or get it the Yellowstone Association and support the park.

I seem to remember photos friends took on a snowmobile trip into the park 10 years or so ago and all I remember was LOTS of snow! :D

Gary,

Anyone should be able to order it through the Yellowstone Association website. That will help provide support for the park.  :) Our National Parks need all the support they can get from the general public because the Government certainly isn't going to provide it.  :(

We were in Yellowstone about 1st of Feb in 2002, and rented snowmobiles to see the park. As Jeff mentions, there was lots of snow, but a couple of things stand out in my memory. First is how slowly the bison move. Moving one leg at a time, it can take several seconds for each step (seems like a minute or more). When you're waiting for them to cross the road so you can proceed, it seems forever.

The second item was the pack of wolves we saw (along with crows, etc.) eating a bison they'd pulled down.

Of course it was cold (below zero), though a bright sunny day.

Attachments

• Yellowstone_02-04-02_028.JPG
    Yellowstone_02-04-02_028.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Yellowstone_02-04-02_024.JPG
    Yellowstone_02-04-02_024.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Yellowstone_02-04-02_040.JPG
    Yellowstone_02-04-02_040.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 55
Ditto what Jim said.  yellowstoneassociation.org has a store on the website,  all proceeds go back to the park.  Check out the other stuff.

I still want to get to Yellowstone, it didn't happen this year so I'm hoping next year.  Have to wait and see.

We were in Yellowstone in August. There was still snow in the mountains. Don't think I would want to try an MH there in the winter, even if it does have an 'arctic' package. Insulation doesn't help with slick roads. LOL

Bill - Marker said to tell you hello and she is sorry you are staying at YNP this winter. We both missed music night last Friday night.

Not really anyplace to stay in mh in winter in ystone.  I will be in stick house for winter.  I did winter at Grand Canyon last winter in mh.

Tom, tell Marker I missed her when she was at ystone.

Back
Top Bottom