Images from Laughlin, NV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob Buchanan

After Mojave I trekked on over the long lonely 40 to Needles - then up 95 to one of my favorite spots here in Laughlin, NV. Had taken a few images on prior trips, but this time wanted to work on digital night stuff other than sunsets.

Also, the view through my Class A front window allowed me to work with my Canon 580 flash as far as compensation in that I wanted just enough fill to light the dash, but not to have take from the primary view. Before this shot, I was doing that with an old 283 Vivitar (remember those??) with a rheostat to dial in the degree of power.

The shot of the Riverside from across the river was taken from the East bank of the Colorado right at the waters edge at the Bullhead side of the bridge. The set up was on a tripod with a flash light to help me with the readings and to help defend myself against some of the critters that hang out there. But, as Ron Maribito preaches, ya gotta go where the shot takes you . . .  :)

Was also able to practice the usage of my 100-400 Canon lens. The airport is up beyond Sam's Club on the Bullhead side (about a mile from my spot in the RV park) - so was able to track some of the take offs. What appearaed to be a military cargo plane took off to the North, circled the Riverside as it gained altitude, then headed South to the West of the RV Park. Was pleased that I could follow armed with a spot metering and single spot AF in AI Servo shooting mode. TomS, am still working with the slower continuous shooting speed of the Canon 50D.

HERE is my latest album of Laughlin. Left click to display with black background, and/or, click the Slideshow button to the upper right to view that way.

For now am parked at the Riverside RV Park -- $99/week plus two breakfast buffets plus am $4.75 ahead on a blackjack slot.

Nice shots!  Especially the sunset one across the river with a little color left in the sky.

Bob,

We happen to be in the same park now, what site are you in?  We are in the top tier, on the bluff in site 481.  Stop by and say HI if you get a chance.

Thanks  Chuck

Great pics as usual, Bob.  That first one of the Riverside at night is spectacular.  I love the reflections on the water!

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom