Old Bounders Never Die

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
R

rls7201

They just get re-striped and coated with Red Max Pro.
After 16 years of dependable service, the ol Bounder need some attention to detail.
I decided it was time to gussy her up with some new stripes and shine.
Hope you enjoy the before and after.

Richard

Attachments

• Bounder Before.jpg
    Bounder Before.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 306
  • bounder after 1.jpg
    bounder after 1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 273
  • bounder after 2.jpg
    bounder after 2.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 273
Golly, Rich, the old girl looked better in the before photo than my '97 does right now.

Great job!!

Nice, it doesn't matter what rig you have, you can keep it nice for a long time. I have a Bounder coming to my place for a flooring makeover in DEc. I'll post photos

catblaster said:
>Richard, where did you get your stripes? DIY?

Yes DIY. I found the stripe kit while searching Ebay for "Fleetwood Bounder". I jumped on the $175.00 price tag. I suspect the seller had purchased the kit and then realized the work involved. The kit was for a 94 35' Bounder. The red stripe kit for a 95 was slightly different, but only a Bounder owner would ever know. I have the manufacturer's name and phone number at home, if you want it.?  I won't be home until the 17th.

Richard

Wow ..That looks great.....Did new licence plates come with the stripes? ;)

Looks great. And I with you on the Bounder thing. My 99 still looks good. I have thought about having mine re stripped, I thought about going with a different pattern.

mat 60 said:
Wow ..That looks great.....Did new licence plates come with the stripes? ;)

Funny!!..After I posted the before pic, I noticed the Banks sticker wasn't in it. That dates that pic to 2003. So yes, there have been a couple of new licence plates, and pan hard bars, and solar panels, and gray water transfer pumps, and and...................

Richard

mike eddleman said:
Looks great. And I with you on the Bounder thing. My 99 still looks good. I have thought about having mine re stripped, I thought about going with a different pattern.

Oh please don't change the pattern. The Bounders from the 80s & 90s are distinct in their graphics. They stand out in a crowd with their Bounder Brown and Hokey Roos. The newer Bounders just melt into the rest of the motorhome swishy graphics world. Keep that Roo on the front cap so I can see you coming a mile away and wave as we pass.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom