rv caravans to Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gumbo

I would appreciate personal experiences ( pros & cons ) regarding traveling with a caravan to Alaska.

We went with Adventure Treks in 2007 on their 35 day tour. While you will pay more for the caravan then if you went by yourself,  I believe some destinations are covered better via a tour group. This goes for a RV  group, land tour or when doing a cruise.  Further it depends on your mindset. Can you follow schedules, leave a location even if you don't want to, etc. We enjoyed the group we went with, and while we mostly travel on our own, we are talking about doing another caravan to the Canadian Maritimes.

I suggest you look at all caravan companies and their iteneraries (the majority will have the same attractions) and see if it fits your travelling style. What most people comment on is the caravan either spends to little or to much time in locations.

We are also talking about going back to Alaska, and this time (as we now know what to expect) we will do it on our own. 

The wife and I went on an Alaskan land/cruise last year in July.  Spent 10 days in a motor coach/motels out of Anchorage, up to Fairbanks, and back down to Skagway where we embarked the cruiseline.  Everyplace we stopped along the way was fascinating!  Would love to do a more extensive land tour of my own. 

I realize that the tour was planned to keep us interested along the way.  It was talking to the locals while at each stop that intrigued me to do it again.  Only much more at our pace and timing.  So much to see.  We also toured part of the Yukon Territory, Canada.  Fascinating stuff!

The point is, Alaska is the most beautiful state I have ever been in!  I am kind of an "outdoors" kind of person and I would love to check out all the sights on my own time and pace.  And alot of fun.  Put it this way...
I actually tossed a couple of snowballs at my wife in July when there!  Not a common thing in Michigan!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom