On The Road Again Wandering Around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

I'm on the move again after workamping the past six months. I love fulltiming, not tired of this old motorhome yet.

My latest exploits, adventures, musing and foolishness are posted on my blog.  From getting hit by loose car parts to a tree branch diving through the roof, while finding paradise.

Edit: Link moved to signature line.

Attachments

• temp forum.jpg
    temp forum.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 68
I really enjoy your stories of adventures and the occasional mishap on the road. ;D

Glad to see you are back on the road again. Our gig ends 6 November when we will head back to Titusville. Hope to see you along the way somewhere!

DearMissMermaid:

Glad to see your still positive and on the road again.
How did you fix the roof problem? Had to be a "Temporary" fix, and, have you asked for advice on the problem?
Good luck..... I enjoy your blog.

Love reading your blogs.  I am happy to see you are still here and being able to see the country, sounds like fun.  Sometimes responsibilities seem to hold some of us down. :)

I especially like your comments about healthy eating and so agree.  I have changed our families eating habits as much as I can.  This last year even in the off season we are eating healthier from all the produce I was able to can this year.  We really enjoy it.

Keep up your writing, you certainly have a gift with words, I can see where you go and what you experience through them.  That is such a wonderful talent to have. And may you travel in good health.

I just joined your blog. Really enjoying it! Thanks for posting. I don't know if we'll ever get to RV over on the East coast but it sure is pretty.

Michelle

Aw, y'all the nicest folks around! 

I do have responsibilities, by the way...  I just minimized them...  I am earning as I go, so life's a real roller coaster!

This would be so much easier if I had planned it, but I just sort of fell into this life.

Slapped a patch on the roof for now, posted a ton of new pictures on my blog.  ;D

Been to your blog (many months a follower) and seen the pictures..... NICE!
As many have said, very enjoyable to follow the Blog. It makes us all want to travel like you, and sometimes we can.....
Keep blogging.........

Nice to see you while heading home from my GSMNP fishing adventures and visit with the "monkey" again :)  The gal can not only write a good tale but, also, cook like a gourmet chef!!  Thanks for getting me the site and paying for it due to my ReserveAmerica misadventures on the iphone.  Like Reservation.gov a whole lot better.  You are a trusting soul that you will get reimbursed.  Beach was lovely even though the skeeters, chiggers and/or noseeums will keep me miserable for some time to come.  SC does a great job with their parks and camping; it should be viewed by other states as a model for excellent public camping.  See ya' down here in Florida some time this winter.

um...  I counted 5 emails where I mentioned "and don't forget the OFF spray...  ;D  tee hee hee
guess those bugs don't like mermaids, I don't have any bite.  :-*

It was fun to have you around (so the bugs wouldn't bother me!)

The little monkey has sand spurs in his face and he won't let me get them out of there, may have to sidetrack to a vet or groomers or get him good and drunk and deal with it when he passes out...  :eek:

Tomorrow or the next day, I am hitting the road again for parts unknown with a general southerly path towards the prairie.

The sunrise on the beach was awesome!

Attachments

• PA190185bTHUMBNAIL.jpg
    PA190185bTHUMBNAIL.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 23
Fabulous news!  My book Hurricanes and Hangovers is now available on Kindle!  Yippie!  It's been in print for awhile, but it took me ages to finally at long last get it on Kindle too!  ;D

Day 24 of my wild adventures...

My little monkey on a string (aka  a goofy looking 5.5 pound dog) got himself into a HEAP of trouble. Somehow he got sandspurs in his fur!  I was able to remove 3 before he snapped at me. There after, whenever he saw me with the scissors he would be extremely rude to me!  We were at odds with each other.

Very sad. And depressing.

So today, instead of extending our stay for the 4th time...  we broke camp in search of a friendly vet's office. In Beaufort, SC we found just that. One vet assistant grabbed Harley while the other one zip-zap-zip removed the the rest of the offending sandspurs with a cordless trimmer.

Harley howled and screamed, though no one hurt him at all. What a wuss. 

Ok, onwards in a more or less southerly track. I have to be in Florida by November 1st.  I hope I make it there in time.

You can read more at my blog and view plenty of pictures too:

Been reading your blog, love the places you go and things you see.  And I feel like I know puppy, he is great company for you.

You are surely enjoying life, keep it up!

As a devoted follower of your blog I have to say I really enjoy reading about Harley.  He's a real odd looking dog - I mean that in a good way!
Glad to know you will be setting up housekeeping in Florida for the Winter.  Maybe we'll get over your way to see you.  I'd love to meet Harley.
I have 2 cats who travel with us in our motorhome.  I envy you that you can live in your motorhome without all the "stuff" that keeps me
trapped in this house - not to mention the real estate "bomb" that keeps me from selling this albatross.  One day we will sell it and get rid of
all the junk that just clogs up the place and be off in the MH. 

Keep up the good work and the great blog.  As another reader said, I've been inspired by your recipes and cooking and living in a small space.

God bless!

This trip has been full of surprises, wrong turns and last minute stops.  Everywhere I stop, I just want to stay, then I move along and fall in love with the next place.

People that meet Harley love his enthusiasm, and also often suggest he enter the ugly dog contest.  ::)

We're up early, contemplating today's route. Well I am up, Harley has relocated to his other bed, next to me at the dining settee where I type. He promptly went back to sleep, it's way too early for him to be awake.

Attachments

• PA280452THUMBNAIL.JPG
    PA280452THUMBNAIL.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back