Black tank flush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alrod013

Hooked up the hose to flush the black tank and no water would go in. Left in on for 5 minutes and nothing came out when I opened the tank drain valve. Put water in the toilet to see if valve was blocked and it worked fine.  Could it be the inlet from the flush out valve is blocked in the tank?  If so, how do I unblock that?

this is a good question.

looking for answers to all these questions.  I have read before that if nothing comes out, it could be due to hardened and would need chemicals to softened?

this may not be your point.

It's also possible that the check valve in the flush line is stuck closed.  If you can get to it, I would replace it.

Is there a valve that can switch the flush inlet between black and gray tanks (a dual flush system)? If so, might the valve be in the wrong position for black flush? Or maybe it is stuck closed?

Can you usually hear the water rushing into the tank - I can on mine. No sound on yours?

What is your water pressure.  My back flow valve will not open unless I have about 30 psi or more.

Find the check valve in your unit. Ours is under the bathroom sink. We learned that when there is the problem you descibe, I just open the cabinet door under the bathroom sink and tap the pipe where the check valve is located. I have done this twice and it worked both times.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom