Fresh Water Monitor Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jozee

I am "hooked up" for a few days (in my '98 Class A) at an RV resort near Parker, AZ.  All is going really well.  I have been able to repair the small problems that have popped up so far.  I am stumped by something.  I am hooked up to city water, but my fresh water tank shows only half full.  On the trip, the third light (out of four on the monitor) kept blinking, but now that we are hooked up, I can only get two lights, which should mean that I only have half a tank of fresh water.  The water seems to be working fine.  Should I be worried?  ??? When I was hooked up to city water previously, the fresh water tank always showed "full".

Jozee

Jozee

The city water does not automatically flow thru your fresh water holding tank. It was probably full from delivery when you first saw the full indication on your lights. As you've been using the fresh water when not hooked up, the level has been dropping. There should be lever in your utility bay, near where the city water hose hooks up. You can move the lever to direct the water to your tank and switch back when the tank is full.

Thanks Bernie!!!  I found it!  Boy, do I feel foolish. :-[  I thought that the fresh water tank fills automatically whenever you are hooked to city water.  I think that I will drive home with just half a tank of water to save on gas. 

I appreciate your help.

Jozee

We travel with half of a tank or less of fresh water unless we're going to be boondocking.  It saves a lot of weight (8.33lbs/gal).[br]Date Posted: April 10, 2006, 04:20:47 PMWe travel with half a tank or less of fresh water unless we're going to be boondocking.  It saves a lot of weight (8.33lbs/gal).

That makes sense, Ned.  I picked up that "tidbit" right here at the forum from one of the message boards (or maybe the library).  This place never ceases to amaze me with its usefullness.  I feel like I have a whole team of experts along on my trip!

Jozee

Jozee:

I don't know how much you have used water from your tank but if it has been there since your got the coach the next time you have GOOD local water you might  shut off the city water service and use what is in there and then refill with fresh water.

As a matter of fact if the tank has what was in the coach when you got it I would also sterilize the tank when you get a chance. I believe the process is in the Forum files.

Jeff /Washington said:
...I would also sterilize the tank when you get a chance. I believe the process is in the Forum files.

Yes it is Jeff. Click the Library button above, select Hygiene, health and medicine and click Water system sanitizing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom