Road rules

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catblaster,

In my motorcycle class, I was taught that: when charged by a dog, you should slow and then accelerate away as it closes on you.  It will not anticipate this move and cannot match it.

Lady Fitzgerald said:
Apparently you have never driven large trucks, like semis. They have huge blind spots. Too many times I've seen cars and motorcyles drive into a semi's blind spot. Motorcycles are worse because they are harder to see.

What is apparent is that you might have missed the class on reading comprehension.  If you read my earlier post I mentioned driving dump trucks to OTR. 

Lady Fitzgerald said:
You are the one being ridiculous. I never said I would enjoy shooting anyone. Who hasn't fantasized doing something socially unacceptable, knowing darned well it was wrong and that they never, ever, would do so? I never said I condoned shooting anyone and even said it would be stupid to do so.

Again with the assumption I would enjoy hurting or killing someone. I never said anything like that at all. I would feel horrible if I killed anyone, even if the person was trying to do me harm. That is one reason I do not own a gun (my decision, not one I impose on anyone else, so don't accuse me of being antigun). I have no problem with motorcycles in general. I do have problems with anyone who is inconsiderate of others, whether it's loud music, road hogging, or loud pipes.

Your exact words were " I wouldn't be stupid enough to shoot you (attractive though the thought is)."  Forgive me, but doesn't finding that thought attractive suggest that you would enjoy shooting someone, or have they changed Websters when I wasn't looking?  Now you have changed your tune suggesting that you would feel horrible if you had to kill someone.  What is it?  An attrative thought or a horrible feeling, it can't be both.

If you need to do something socially unacceptable, couldn't you find something a bit less destructive and harsh as cold blooded murder over...over what?  Loud pipes?  Oh my God, now THAT is certainly a killing offense! 

You claim, by your own words, to have problems with anyone who is inconsiderate of others.  Are you suggesting you are considerate?  Consideration is a two way street called tolerance.

How do you like pulling into a rest area and find all the long pull through truck spaces filled by motorcycles with just 1 or 2 bikes per space. It happened to me not too long ago. Common courtesy is a 2 way street. I will try to extend courtesy but I will drive within my comfort level.

gwcowgill said:
How do you like puloling into a rest area and find all the long pull through truck spaces filled by motorcycles with just 1 or 2 bikes per space. It happened to me not too long ago. Common courtesy is a 2 way street. I will try to extend courtesy but I will drive within my comfort level.

Yes, courtesy is a two-way street.  I wouldn't like it at all and would have said something about it, request a couple of bikes to move to the next space.

But to be fair, I've seen truckers, car drivers, and even some RVers so some pretty crappy things too.  Rudeness does not confine itself to one type of person.

OK folks, time to ask for some restraint; Please keep it civil and avoid personal attacks. Thanks.

Luca1369 said:
...Your exact words were " I wouldn't be stupid enough to shoot you (attractive though the thought is)."  Forgive me, but doesn't finding that thought attractive suggest that you would enjoy shooting someone, or have they changed Websters when I wasn't looking?  Now you have changed your tune suggesting that you would feel horrible if you had to kill someone.  What is it?  An attrative thought or a horrible feeling, it can't be both...

And you accuse me of lacking reading comprehension? It seems to me your mind is already made up and nothing I say will sway you.

Luca1369 said:
...You claim, by your own words, to have problems with anyone who is inconsiderate of others.  Are you suggesting you are considerate?  Consideration is a two way street called tolerance.

Yes. And I'm not the one advocating noise pollution with loud pipes. There is a limit to what people should have to tolerate.

Say what you want about me. I'm through trying to argue with you.

Wendy said:
Even if it's illegal, dangerous, and stupid? Isn't that like Mom used to say "If all your friends jumped off a bridge would you follow?" BTW, I'm still trying to figure out the truck that couldn't see 30 bikes in his blind spot.....THIRTY bikes? And he couldn't see any of them? That's a hell of a big blind spot.

Wendy

You can hide a MOTORHOME in the blind spots on some trucks.

Straightpipes on a motorcycle should result in the motorcycle being confiscated and destroyed on the spot, and the rider's licence being revoked.

Lady Fitzgerald said:
And you accuse me of lacking reading comprehension? It seems to me your mind is already made up and nothing I say will sway you.
Yes. And I'm not the one advocating noise pollution with loud pipes. There is a limit to what people should have to tolerate.
Say what you want about me. I'm through trying to argue with you.

Oh my, I bet this closes the thread, never my intent.

Yes, judging by the evidence you did not read my post, a blatant lack of reading comrehension skills.  We agree on two things.  One, you could say my mind is made up.  I have a viewpoint you cannot comprehend because I've lived on the other side of the fence from you and see things from the other side, the side I chose.  And two, yes, there is a limit to what people should have to tolerate and I am tired of tolerating close minded people

I've never really said anything about you.  I never made this personal.  I only pointed out that you accused me of a lack of knowledge of trucks and I pointed out had you read my post you would have seen that I do have some experience in that area, albeit before the age of  CDLs.

One last thing, you never really had an argument, just a narrow viewpoint IMHO.  Happy Holidays!

Jarlaxle said:
Straightpipes on a motorcycle should result in the motorcycle being confiscated and destroyed on the spot, and the rider's licence being revoked.

No.  I don't think I'll comment on this one, I'll exercise some tolerance, I've probably done enough to damage this thread.

Too bad this went even further downhill after I asked for restraint and civility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom