Windshield Wiper Assembly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johntk

2007 Sightseer 29R w/ 2006 Ford V-10 chassis

The windshield wiper motor burned up.  Repair shop says the motor was made only for that year Winnebago and cannot find one here in Salt Lake City.  We're hangin-out in their parking lot in the motorhome waiting to see if a motor repair shop down the street can fix the unit.

Has anyone had a similar experience and possibly have info on where I can quickly get a new motor?

Thanks,
John

Did a search on Winnebago's parts site.
Your wiper motor number is 149409-01-000 and was used between 2005 and 2008 that I can find. do a google search on that part number, it will come up with various years it was used.

Is it a Winnebago shop, did they call Winnebago?

The repair shop is Auto-Motion Franks Auto & Diesel in Midvale, UT (just south of Salt Lake City).  After unsuccessfully trying to find the motor at the local Winnebago and other places they took it to a motor repair shop.  The results of that venture were only minimal improvement. 
Next step was to have Winnebago order one from back East and overnight it to A-M. The person handling the order for Winnebago remembered seeing the part in their Will-Call.  He found that it had been in that status for 3 months, so he sold it to Auto-Motion.  It is now installed and all is well - kinda.  The A-M mechanics agree that the source of the problem is that the motor is too small to be running 2 large windshield wipers.  They believe the problem will reoccur. 
I had 24,200 miles on the motorhome when the motor burned-up.  Most of those miles were in dry weather, so the wipers have never been used very much.  According to Winnebago they only used this motor on the 2007 models.  According to mweber's Reply, there may be more models involved.
So, heads up to Sightseer owners.  These motors may be too weak to do the job and do not seem to be parts kept on-hand at local Winnebago dealers.  A-M charged $171.51 for the motor & 1.5 hours for troubleshooting and installation.
Also, much kudos to Auto-Motion.  It is a very professionally run company with highly courteous, dedicated and knowledgeable personnel.  If you're ever in need of repair service in the Salt Lake area, I highly recommend you contact them (contact info on their web site).  They were recommended to us thru the KOA Salt Lake City on West North Temple.

We have been dealing with windshield wiper problems on our 2007 Sightseer for almost 3 years.  The motor was replaced less than two years ago and we are again having windshield wipers that won't work at highway speeds.  Hopefully we can get a better solution this time so we can sell our MH with a clear conscience -- we'd hate to sell a unit with such a dangerous and continuing problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom