GFI tripped circuit, reset, but other outlets not working (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shanangibson

I made the mistake of using the blowdryer in the bathroom (GFI) and tripped the circuit breaker. We reset the circuit breaker, reset the GFI and the power came back on to the outlet in the bathroom. BUT, the GFI outlets in the kitched did not (they are on the same circuit breaker, and now I assume they are on the same GFI line, too). Why would I get power back to the main/bathroom, but not the outlets further down the line? My husband disconnected the GFI and they came back on for a short time but then went out again. Any suggestions (besides the obvious - not to use the bathroom to blowdry my hair in the future  ;) )

Is there yet another GFCI up stream from them?  Lots of installations use GFCI outlets at all boxes near sinks, showers, or outside locations. 

The two outlets in the kitchen that won't turn back on are labeled GFI but don't have any sort of reset switch on them. Only the one in the bathroom has the reset.

I would replace the GFCI. Sounds like the Load side is not reconnecting when you reset.

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping it truly is as simple as just replacing the outlet (that will certainly be the cheapest option!) and will pass on the info to the "RV Maintenance Man" (my poor beleaguered hubby  ;D )

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom