Lesson Learned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peanutman

My 1 1/2 year old Suburban 10 gal elec/gas hot water heater stopped firing on propane in mid heat yesterday. Lucky for me i have an on site RV repair guy that lives next door to me. Had him come over and troubleshoot the unit.

First test he said it was the module board. He installed a new better Dino board which is fused. Kicked on the heater and it blows the fuse on the board. More test and found out that a solenoid on the gas valve was shorted out. New gas valve/ solenoid on order.
Lessons learned. Suburban water heater module boards are not fused. $80 gas valve shorts out and burns out a $140 Module board. $140 for the improved Dino board.

I learned how to trouble shoot a suburban water heater. Could have saved me labor charge on a $370 repair.

Water heater was still in warranty so Suburban will reimburse me on the parts. They will send me a new gas valve and their Module board. I will keep the improved fused dino board in use. I will have a extra Module board i can use as a back up for HWH or the A/C, also a lesson learned.

Lesson Suburban needs to learn. Fuse your Module boards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom