Trailer Skirting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peanutman

I talked in a thread a few months ago about skirting my 5er. I am parked long term in an RV park working a job. I ordered a skirting kit from EZ-Snap and installed this past weekend.

My A/C now runs about half as much as before and i am hoping for the same in the heating. Kit was fairly easy to install. Hope it was worth the $$. I almost froze last winter.

Will keep y'all posted.

Under skirting might blow off in the winter winds. We used bales of stray in black platic bags. They set fine all around the base and work great.

mnmnutswer said:
Under skirting might blow off in the winter winds. We used bales of stray in black platic bags. They set fine all around the base and work great.
I thought about using straw or hay bales but was concerned of rodent and bug infestations and the fact it could lend to a fire hazard. Has been real dry here in Texas.
This skirting kit has a good anchor system so i will see how it holds up in the north winds.

mnmnutswer said:
Might also use platic sheeting and or foam board behind to make it air tight.
Thanks, i will keep that in mind. The skirting i used is a thick anti-rip Vinyl. I put a 3/4 sch 40 PVC frame down that is all connected together. The shirting folds under that and then 6" PVC clips snap over the pipe to hold it in place.

The wind would have to move the whole 8'x34' frame to pull the skirting loose. The skirting fastens at the top by metal snaps i installed at 6" spacing.

The skirting fabric has a life time warranty on it.

Back
Top Bottom