CA Delta closed to boating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
The California Department of Boating and Waterways has again closed parts of the CA Delta to recreational boating due to the high water levels and the potential threat to levees. The ban iremains in effect through noon on Friday, April 14, 2006 (subject to water levels receding). See the DBW web site for more info.

Sounds like a good time to head for Utah.

I wanted to get some fishing in before Moab  :(

Tom said:
The California Department of Boating and Waterways has again closed parts of the CA Delta to recreational boating due to the high water levels and the potential threat to levees. The ban iremains in effect through noon on Friday, April 14, 2006 (subject to water levels receding). See the DBW web site for more info.

Sounds like a party at Disovery Bay next week if it doesn't get better!

AlGriefer said:
Sounds like a party at Disovery Bay next week if it doesn't get better!

Yes, at the other Mrs Jones  ;D

Tom,

Too bad, I was hoping you would bring a bushel of Asparagus with you to Moab from the Asparagus festival.

JerryF

Jerry,

Don't write off the asparagus festival yet. The Delta closure was effective through noon today and I haven't seen a change to that. The festival is next weekend, so hopefully we'll cast off lines on Friday and head to Stockton for the weekend.

Did Al tell you he and Judy will be skipper and first mate on the Mrs Jones? If not, ask him to tell you the story tomorrow over dinner.

Tom said:
Jerry,

Don't write off the asparagus festival yet. The Delta closure was effective through noon today and I haven't seen a change to that. The festival is next weekend, so hopefully we'll cast off lines on Friday and head to Stockton for the weekend.

Did Al tell you he and Judy will be skipper and first mate on the Mrs Jones? If not, ask him to tell you the story tomorrow over dinner.

I'm thinking more like 1st and 2nd mate!? ;D

aL[br]Date Posted: April 14, 2006, 08:49:13 PM
Tom said:

Don't write off the asparagus festival yet. The Delta closure was effective through noon today and I haven't seen a change to that.

:mad: Now it's through Tuesday, at least.? :( http://www.dbw.ca.gov/PressRoom/2006/060414Delta.asp

Al

Rats, I missed the extension Al, thanks.

BTW your captain called a little while ago asking how to turn on the Sat receiver. You might get promoted to Captain before next weekend  ;D

Thanks Al. We've been out all day, so I hadn't had a chance to check the status. SJ county includes Stockton.

It's 10.30pm and I hear the sound of power boats coming in and out of Discovery Bay. With the restriction lifted on all but SJ county, recreational boating is quickly getting back to normal. I might even get out and do some fishing in the morning.

OK, the latest word is that the San Joaquin will open at Noon on Thursday.  However it warns of local closures and speed restrictions, but doesn't say where to find them.

Being a pessimist, that and the chance of more rain on saturday makes me wonder whether they could close the river on saturday and strand us in Stockton.

Al

We decided to cancel and so did your captain, so you'll be stranded in Discovery Bay  ;D

LOL Al. We all know how to do that. Good hearing your voice on the phone.

The California DBW re-opened all areas of the CA Delta to recreational boating at noon on April 20, 2006. However, in their announcement, DBW warns that water levels are still high and request that boaters take due care.

Our old tub is washed and (almost) ready to go. Some below decks maintenance checks and she'll be ready to hit the waterways. Unfortunately, another commitment is keeping us home for part of the weekend, but I might get some fishing in.

My RVing/boating/skiing neighbor has already been hitting the slalom course at a local waterski club.

Back
Top Bottom