EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: "The Rally"  (Read 1900 times)

BruceinFL

• ---
"The Rally"
« on: April 12, 2006, 09:15:33 PM »
Went to "The Rally" at Daytona Beach last weekend. What really surprised me were the large number of big rig motorhomes on display. Very few trailers and fifth wheels.....didn't even have to take off my shoes to count them.  ;D Not one popup in sight either.

Is this the trend now? Fading out of trailers, fifth wheels, etc in favor of humongous motor homes.....oh excuse me, I meant to say "coaches".  ;)
Bruce A.
2004 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK 5W
2005 Ford F-350 SRW 6.0L

Carl L

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: "The Rally"
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 11:01:13 PM »
No.   It was a characteristic of the show you attended.  You attended a show aimed at the high-end buyer -- prosperous older couples.  They are the folks that can and do lay out a half million for a land yacht.

If you attend a show aimed at a younger and/or less affluent audience, the trailers and class C motorhomes will appear in quantity.   

Carl L/LA   [Forum Staff]  KI6SEZ

Prowler 23LV TT pulled by a '95 Ford Bronco

PancakeBill

• ---
  • Bill & Jolene/USA 97 Southwind 35P
    • WorKamping in Yellowstone
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 09:03:49 AM »
Bruce
Never saw you there, I was in the Lazy Days display, we had about 6 5th wheels and 5 or 6 trailers.  Also motorhomes from beginning to high end.  I don't recall seeing any pop-ups either, we don't carry them new.  No truck campers!  Mine was there, even showed it about 3 times to folks interested in them, but no dealer I was aware of. 

Should have stopped by and introduced yourself. 

Bill & Jolene W & Koda

Old Faithful, Yellowstone Association Bookstore
1997 Southwind 35P
Toads: 1997 Honda Accord & 1986 Westfalia
FMCA F-401354
1995 OMI Dobro F-60
WA1RI

PancakeBill

• ---
  • Bill & Jolene/USA 97 Southwind 35P
    • WorKamping in Yellowstone
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 09:04:17 AM »
Oh, I don't think there were any deaths either...
Bill & Jolene W & Koda

Old Faithful, Yellowstone Association Bookstore
1997 Southwind 35P
Toads: 1997 Honda Accord & 1986 Westfalia
FMCA F-401354
1995 OMI Dobro F-60
WA1RI

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 09:13:55 AM »
We spent Friday afternoon there ourselves.  Bought a few small items from the vendor tents and browsed the new RV offerings.  We saw perhaps a dozen trailers without even going to the Lazy Days display area.  The show was broken up into several areas and portions were easy to miss.  We had to hunt to find a couple brands and as we left the Speedway we saw one big section we had missed entirely.

As Bill says, this sort of rally/show is targetted towards high end customers and the few 5th wheels we saw were large, high end models too. 
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Hosted by Over The Network