Wireless Internet Cellular Option

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueblood

Newmar will have a $2700 wireless internet cellular system option on some 2007 models. It contains an external antenna, 3 watt transmitter, access card with ethernet and wireless router permitting in motion usage of multiple computers. Service, including data,  will be provided by 2 companies - one is Verizon.  Obviously a first generation application, things will get better - you can bet on it. <bg>

2700.00?

Aircard                                        100.00
Antenna w/booster                      250.00
Router                                        50.00

400.00 plus labor

Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?

The fact that most people are clueless about this sort of thing? 

And you were quoting discount prices for these items rather than MSRP, so maybe the comparison price should be more  like $700 + labor.    Still pretty steep, IMO!

Jeff /Washington said:
2700.00?

Aircard? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 100.00
Antenna w/booster? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 250.00
Router? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?50.00

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 400.00 plus labor

Am I missing something?

Had same question - not sure until see the actual package. I see on another e-group a statement that this is probably the Internet-In- Motion kit that sells for $2195. I'm not aware of this package so don't know.

Mod - did find the url http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/external/?http://www.InternetInMotion.net

blueblood said:
Newmar will have a $2700 wireless internet cellular system option on some 2007 models. It contains an external antenna, 3 watt transmitter, access card with ethernet and wireless router permitting in motion usage of multiple computers. Service, including data,? will be provided by 2 companies - one is Verizon.? Obviously a first generation application, things will get better - you can bet on it. <bg>

For $1200 less or about $1300 more one can have the benefits of satellite internet manual or automatic.

Ron said:
For $1200 less or about $1300 more one can have the benefits of satellite internet manual or automatic.

Ron:

The first few weeks I would deploy the Sat antenna if we were going to be in one spot for more than a couple of days. It is getting so I am up on the roof if we will be stationary for 24 hours.

Just realized we need a song for the manual DW users- (Up on the roof...........) ;D

Tom, you and Cliff need to collaborate here.

Jeff /Washington said:
It is getting so I am up on the roof if we will be stationary for 24 hours.

Jeff, before getting the roof mount, Chris would say "you're not getting that tripod stuff out for one night are you?". But she already knew the answer  ;D

.... we need a song for the manual DW users- (Up on the roof...........)

LOL Jeff, sounds like you're onto something there.

Yep somehow I can understand that and I think I may have warned you too.  Ours goes up when ever we stop for the night.

Up on the roof setting up the dish for internet

Knowing you will have access is a sure bet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom