The start of our remodel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cliston

We just got started over the weekend.  The plan is to install laminate floors, paint the walls and a few other things.  We are getting rid of the love seat couch dinette booth and are thinking of putting in some sort of "L" shaped bench or computer desk (pic 3).  Even thinking of putting in some sort of sectional couch on the other side where the dinette booth was (pic 4).  There are only two of us and having two couches isn't really necessary.
We are open to any thoughts and suggestions!

Attachments

• remodel.1.jpg
    remodel.1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 511
  • remodel.2.jpg
    remodel.2.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 444
  • remodel.3.jpg
    remodel.3.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 394
  • remodel.4.jpg
    remodel.4.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 411
Build a counter across the one side with a pull out table and 2 chairs. Add a recliner next to it with another recliner on the other side of your Coach. Just my 2 cents!

Scott

Probably no lazy boys for us.  This is kind of what we are thinking as far as an "L" shaped bench. 

Attachments

• custom.bench.jpg
    custom.bench.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 384
Carpet completely gone.  They redid the carpet at some point before we got it, and the "new" carpet was glued down.  ::)

Attachments

• remodel.5.jpg
    remodel.5.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 326
  • remodel.6.jpg
    remodel.6.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 357
Looking good! Have you given any thought of moving your TV down to a new cabinet/corner shelf during your remodel?

Scott

Scott-0168 said:
Looking good! Have you given any thought of moving your TV down to a new cabinet/corner shelf during your remodel?

Scott

Have definetly thought about that.  I dont like it up front in the middle.

I do like the custom bench/couch idea. They make a wonderful coffee/diner table that would rise or lower to suit your needs. This is a 2 for 1 solution to the limited space we have to work with. Please keep posting pics  :D

LeMond said:
I do like the custom bench/couch idea. They make a wonderful coffee/diner table that would rise or lower to suit your needs. This is a 2 for 1 solution to the limited space we have to work with. Please keep posting pics  :D

Who makes this?

Instead of a laminate floor, how about Pergo or some other snap together wood floor? I did this in my camper and it turned out AWESOME! It's been holding up just fine for about 4 or 5 years now.

Just a thought ...

Oh wait that s what you meant isn't it? For some reason I was thinking that you meant linoleum.

Brain fart ... sorry  ;D

mayfair said:
Oh wait that s what you meant isn't it? For some reason I was thinking that you meant linoleum.

Brain fart ... sorry  ;D

Yes, no linoleum.  Some sort of laminate like pergo. 

Leaning toward TrafficMaster Allure Ultra Aspen Oak Black, to counter the light oak cabinets we have. 

Having had laminate and engineered wood in our RV and a Vinyl plank in our kitchen/dining area in the house, I would go for the vinyl plank over either the laminate or wood floors in the MH.  If it didn't cost so much and I have other uses for money, we would tear out what we have and redo in the vinyl plank.

Hi guys,

If I may offer a suggestion for your floors.  I design and build medical office suites and one of the best products I have used is Decoria vinyl planks.  They come in varied wood tones and they have a nice texture to them.  They also have a 20 mil wear layer that has stood up to foot traffic here in the north east.  The Timber series, when installed, will look exactly like a wood floor.  What I also like about the vinyl plank floors, in general, is that they are more quite than the laminate plank floors like Pergo.

http://www.decoriafloors.com/

I hope that helps.

Leaning toward TrafficMaster Allure Ultra Aspen Oak Black, to counter the light oak cabinets we have.

We went with the TrafficMaster Allure cork vinyl laminate.  The good attributes are that it's thin, light, supposedly waterproof, and easy to work with.  The bad attributes are that it seems to scratch easily (and the scratches don't go away with polishing) and in a few places, it has come apart at the seams.  It's supposed to be a 'floating' floor but with a slideout I don't think that's possible unless your slideout moves on rollers. (ours doesn't). 

And those seams in the sub-flooring - they have to perfectly filled, smoothed, and leveled or they'll show through the Allure (ask me how I know).  Sub-flooring seams are not a problem with carpeting, but they definitely are with this thin of a vinyl laminate (Allure) flooring. 

im going too start putting the same flooring in my motorhome tommorow what did you use too fill the cracks in the subfloor

i
m going too start putting the same flooring in my motorhome tommorow what did you use too fill the cracks in the subfloor

I used a pre-mixed product from FlorCraft called Floor Patch + Leveler.  It's water based and easy to spread.  It's used for patching and leveling  small areas (up to 1/4" thickness per application) prior to the installation of floor coverings.

Rayjay said:
What I also like about the vinyl plank floors, in general, is that they are more quite than the laminate plank floors like Pergo.

http://www.decoriafloors.com/

Checking out the installation instructions, it looks like these planks are glued to the floor, whereas Pergo type floors are free floating. That may be where the noise comes from.

Floors completely stripped and cleaned.  We peeled the wall paper boarder stripped the remaining glue, sanded the walls and we will be ready for paint by Wednesday.

Attachments

• remodle.6.jpg
    remodle.6.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 210
  • remodle.10.jpg
    remodle.10.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 222

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member