Auction of laptops and monitors....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

Anyone ever participated in the Dell auction ? Looks like winner at first glance.

Any comments?

see here>>> http://www.dellauction.com/

Carson FL

Interesting, never heard of it. Thx for the link, curious to see what others have experienced.

thus far, we always buy computers from CostCo because of the CostCo tech support and no extra charge for an extended warranty.  They usually beat Dell anyway and if you don't like it for any reason, you can return it to a CostCo, no questions ask.  FWIW.

Another vote for Costco... their "Concierge Tech Support" beats most of the OEM support.  I purchased an Acer that had an Internet connection problem, chased Acer for four days.  On a lark, called Costco, where I bought it.  They had me up and running in 10 minutes.  And if you buy with American Express, you get an extra year's warranty protection.

I just took a quick look at the web site.  The first 4 laptops I looked at, 3 of them had no oprerating system and 1 had XP pro.  They all had small hard drives by todays standard and a 30 day guarantee.  I would go to Best Buy and get something up to date and complete with Windows 7 64 bit and a 1 year guarantee.  Right now the retail prices for laptops are the lowest I have ever seen.

In addition, all of those Dells were 'refurbished' units....hummmm?  sounds like an 'auction' for 'used' stuff they have on hand... ???

another option if you like a Toshiba is to go to their site toshibadirect.com and buy pre built units that are over stocked. I got a $700. unit in Oct for $450. It has 4GB memory and 750GB hard drive and AMD quad cord processer. There sale units change every month so it's not every unit on sale, just what they pick, but couldnot find any place close to their prices.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom