Triple tow? D'ya think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karl

Moderator Emeritus
Elkhart Lake, WI for the summer. Work at Road Amer
Parked next to this in a rest area outside St. Louis, MO on Wednesday!
Standard Blue Ox towbar for the Tahoe, obvious custom for the hauler. I took out my tape measure and it came to EXACTLY 75 feet!

WOW!

Attachments

• DSCN0004.jpg
    DSCN0004.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN0006.jpg
    DSCN0006.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 144
When the dumbcoff gets into an accident he will be sueing the MH manufacturer, the car manufacturer, the trailer manufacturer, and whoever else happens to be in the area for any damage or injuries they received due to his STUPIDITY. 

Thanks for sharing.

Karl said:
I took out my tape measure and it came to EXACTLY 75 feet!

I notice that he is 10 feet over the legal length limit for MO!!

When will these idiots learn. As someone else said on another group. "If RVers keep ignoring the laws it won't be too long before we're in line at the weigh stations with the truckers."

Alaskansnowbirds said:
I notice that he is 10 feet over the legal length limit for MO!!

When will these idiots learn. As someone else said on another group. "If RVers keep ignoring the laws it won't be too long before we're in line at the weigh stations with the truckers."

Don,

I'm sure someday we will be stopping at weigh stations. I'd hate to but it might be better with all the things that we see wrong going down the road. When we got into CT we stopped at a rest area. Parked next to me was a dual cab pickup with a 5th wheel and Tracker. All states on the east coast from FL to ME forbid triple towing! The Tracker was registered in NH. Not sure about the trailer and truck. I caught up to him on the highway just as a State Trooper went by. He didn't even blink and eye at the rig. Until they start enforcing the laws people will continue to ignore them.

What in God's name is that sitting on the dash and how does he see around it?

Lou,

That would probably be the television, it rises up for use and stores in the dash when not.

Yes, it was a tv set, and they(?) were in the bedroom watching a different tv that night (the pic's were taken the next morning). Also, check out the 'antenna farm' and searchlite on the front. This guy is definitely into toys, and Iwouldn't be surprised if he had a 5-horn train whistle hidden somewhere!

Maybe he should have a train whistle since he is almost pulling a train.  It is guys like this that will make it bad for the rest of us.  He is probably over weight just as he is over length.  Just plain stupidity on his part.  Should he ever get in an accident his exposure to liability issues would be tremendous.

Well, his FMCA number is plainly visible in the pix. Why don'y y'all send him a nice little love letter?  ;D

I wuz under the impression that those states that do allow triple tow also required that the last in the line has to be a watercraft.

Larry

Karl:  What's that thing inside next to the driver's seat?  Looks like a refrigerator.

--pat

Let me see if I have this straight.  The guy is driving that rig AND watching a TV, which, by the way, is blocking half the windshield and probably the passenger side mirror?

--pat

Oh, I thought he had just pulled into a gas station for a temporary stop.

--pat

Not the first one I've seen and probably won't be the last. It only takes a few, and it affects the rest of us:( I can see a set up like that causing a major crash and then the laws will be flying ::) As was stated, we will all probably be at weigh stations and need our CDL to drive :eek:

Sure hope we don't get involved with the scales.  My MH and Enc trailer have both been beefed up and I know I'm over weight but never had a problem with towing nor breaking.  Guess that says something for being careful for once.  I worry more about getting in and out of Flying J's for gas with a 65' rig and still remember to pick up the wife.  She's usually inside and I have a tendency to drive off with her inside the J  Especially in Amirillo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lmw
Back
Top Bottom