WHO HAS SIGNED UP FOR THE JANUARY 11-15, 2012 FMCA RALLY AT INDIO?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chris &  Mimi signed today up for the handicap area.
Wendy probably can organize that the handicappers go in together so that we have our own framicap site.

Chris & Mimi

Bob & Estelle are signed up for the electric-handicap area and are looking forward to being with Wendy, Mike, Chris & Mimi in a framily group.

Bob Maxwell said:
Bob & Estelle are signed up for the electric-handicap area and are looking forward to being with Wendy, Mike, Chris & Mimi in a framily group.

It sounds like a great frally inside a great rally coming up. We be signed up for handicapped also. Since we have a good crowd coming in for handicapped, maybe we can meet and caravan in together so that we are parked together. Then we can take the shuttle out to the outfield to visit Terry & Betty :-* . By the way Bob, electric isn't signed up for until you are parked, so it helps to get there early to assure electric, but I think most handicapped spaces have electric available.

The folks signed up for handicapped parking at the rally should look out for Chris and Mimi's new rally transport. Chris said he didn't want Mimi pushing him around in a wheelchair.

Anyone who has attempted to follow this Monte Carlo rally driver in the mountains of Utah will understand.

Tom said:
The folks signed up for handicapped parking at the rally should look out for Chris and Mimi's new rally transport. Chris said he didn't want Mimi pushing him around in a wheelchair.

Maybe you could post the picture, Tom? The link is FORBIDDEN to the rest of us :)  And we need to know what to look for so we can get out of his way !!

Wendy

Strange Wendy, because I have no special access. Here's a link to a Wiki with similar photos.

Bernie, the FMCA office person noted on my registration that I wanted elec when I told her that was what I needed and why. Yes, I think we should meet and go in early.

BernieD said:
By the way Bob, electric isn't signed up for until you are parked, so it helps to get there early to assure electric, but I think most handicapped spaces have electric available.

Not so Bernie. Remember the year we were parked on the grass across from you with no electric? We had not asked ahead of time for electric and when we got there, early, we were told that the handicapped electric sites were all gone, that they had been spoken for when people registered. Since then, we have asked for electric handicapped when we register and they have marked us down for that.

Wendy
ABDSP

I've always signed up and paid for electric upon arrival, tho before Marlene's operation we didn't use handicapped. However, on the online handicapped signup, there isn't a specific question for electric: yes or no. A description of the handicap and type of need for electric is listed. The Fairgrounds has been continuously expanding it's electric service so I would expect that almost everyone who wants electric will get it, unless they get put in a space right in front of the vendor building ;D

Probably anyone who is NOT in handicapped parking will have electric if they want it and they can ask for it when they get there. However, the handicapped electric sites are fewer and the folks needing them are more and more. You do pay for it when you get there. It is not clear at all on the forms what to do for handicapped electric and it even says in one spot to ask when you get there. But I'm telling you from personal experience, that if you don't ask for it ahead of time, you may not get handicapped electric. It happened to us several years ago. And I believe that Russ was electric-less last year or the year before, parked on the lovely grass area where we were that first year. Just saying.....

Wendy
Anza Borrego Desert SP

Granted that there are non-electric handicapped sites, but by now I would assume that QZ veterans know how to survive for a week without. ;D ;D ;D

It looks like we are getting a little closer to signing up...the water issue seems to be doable. The question I have is this, I can't find any description of what exactly will be going on. Days and times of socials etc. does anyone have a schedule? I checked the FMCA website and all it does is list the rally and take your money.  8)

Also, are there any members of the California Southwinders on this site?

Mark & Kathy

The Indio Rally is run by the Western Area Association (California) of FMCA. As you noted, FMCA-National only provides administrative services. Daytime activities center around numerous seminars put on by vendors, suppliers and instructors covering just about any question you could think of and touring the vendor area seeing what's new and what you can't do without or looking at the new coach display. There will be an ice cream social one noon-time, a parade one afternoon and entertainment every nite; bingo one nite, home grown and and professional entertainers the others.

We enjoy the rally, it will be our 14th straight.

macnkat said:
The question I have is this, I can't find any description of what exactly will be going on. Days and times of socials etc. does anyone have a schedule?

On the day you arrive, you will be given a "Welcome Packet."  It will include name tags, and a booklet detailing every event by the hour and by the day.  Bring a  highlighter marker to  highlight the  seminars of interest. There are many overlapping times so sometimes you have to make a choice as to the event  you will attend.  The evening entertainment is always good.  (Though many seem to leave early if it is too loud)  Look forward to meeting you.
Betty

After leaving Catalina SP (Sheila and Betty, thanks so much for all the wonderful non-planning, another great time), we stopped at home for a couple of days to load Marlene's Dog "Stuff" into the coach and spent the next 2 days in QZ with the Too Crazy Ladies setting up the display. When you are in QZ, come to their trailer in Prospectors' Panorama, SW corner of Kuehn and 95, and take a look.

We finally finished setting up the display mid afternoon today and headed off to Indio. We are currently parked in the Lake Cuhuilla County Park CG. Great views, water and 50 amp, VZ 3G but no TV (air or satellite). Only $25/nite weekends, PA during the week. We might move tomorrow to a more satellite friendly site. If anyone is in the area and interested in dog shows, Marlene comes to spend the weekend at the Palm Spring Kennel Club Show (shooting photos of the purebreds) held at the Indio Polo Club. Give us a holler if you're interested in joining us.

Monday we'll move over to the Riverside County Fairgrounds and park in handicapped, hopefully near Wendy and whoever else. We'll still have happy hour probably out in the overflow parking area where Terry/Betty and a few others like to park.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom