Update on Lazydays RV Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Today I attended a briefing on happenings & plans at Lazydays RV, both Tampa and the new Tucson location.  We even had Bob Grady, the GM of Lazydays Tucson, live via video conference. Among the several things of note were:

1. Retail traffic is picking up, and earlier than is usual for the winter season.  Since the RV industry typically leads the economy as a whole by several months, there is cautious optimism that maybe  economic improvement is on its way.  We certainly hope so!

2. Lazydays is offering more activities in the campground this year. Examples include a band of DJ on Friday nights, "drive in" movies outside the rally center, monthly car shows and, starting this month, a motorcycle show too, campfires at a pseudo-beach, bluegrass music night, etc.

3. The Tampa location has added Pleasureway Class B's and Lance Campers to the product line. And the Crossroads line of 5W too.

4.The term "Florizona" has been coined for the two sites, Florida and Arizona. CFO Randy Lay explained why LD expanded to the West. Basically they wanted to be able to tap the RV market West of the Mississippi, they felt they could be more cost effective by sharing corporate overhead costs over an additional location, and they got one heck of a good price from the bankruptcy sale.

5. The Tucson location is getting major renovations to make it reflect "The Lazydays Style". The exterior of the store area has been re-layed out to provide RV parking (seems like an obvious need for an RV dealership, right?), the lobby area is being remodeled to provide a pleasant, inviting, experience to visitors with no hard sell tactics, customers will be able to browse the entire inventory without a sales rep, and wifi is provided in all customer accessible areas.  Part of the new lobby area will be a 1976 Jeep CJ towing a 1976 teardrop style trailer that doubles as a free coffee and water dispensary for visitors.  There is also the "Florizona Grill", an inexpensive restaurant with a southwestern style menu.

6. Tucson will not carry the same brands of RVs as Tampa, primarily because other Tucson area dealers already have the franchise for some of them. Tucson has American Coach (but no other Fleetwoods), Entegra coach, much of the Holiday Rambler line, the Winnebago Era model, Forest River motorhomes, and quite a few towables from Thor and Forest River.

7. Tucson now has about 175 new & used RVs in inventory at any one time and they expect that number to grow as business expands.

8. New GM of Service Bill Tickel explained how service in Tampa is being tuned up to focus on delivering a more positive customer experience. Changes have been and are being made to make sure the customer is always in close communication with the team of advisors and techs working on their rig, and that processes such as getting insurance or warranty approvals are handled as efficiently as possible.  One of the big negatives in the service experience is the delays in getting approvals, ordering parts, etc., and often the fact that the customer did not know about them in advance, so a seemingly simple repair takes days. Bill hopes to be able to give people a better advance estimate of the time needed for repairs, and also to reduce that delays through closer working relationships with suppliers, major insurers, extended warranty companies, and RV manufacturers. One step is to provide Fleetwood RV factory traing on site in Tampa, so that more techs will get factory training and also build working relationships with the factory service people.

I think they opened a facility in Albuquerque, NM too.  I saw an ad on local TV B4 we left in early Nov for Az.

Taos, that's La Mesa RV, which I believe built a chain of dealerships on from the original La Mesa RV in San Diego --whereaI looked at Executive Class A in '78.

Must be the CRS virus... I certainly was not paying close attention to any ads on TV but it sounded familiar for some strange reason.  Oh well.  Thanks for the correction.

The Dick's and us will provide an up close and personal view, we will be there next week.  2 free nights of camping with sign up for email newsletters. 

I will check out the service dept, have a couple things to take care of before string there for winter.  Or during storage. 

Thanks for the good update. It looks like they may be a substantial improvement in Tucson over the old Beaudry's. (But, I guess that's a pretty low threshhold....) I do hope they don't bring much, if any, Florida flavor to it, though -- Tucson and Arizona have their own, unique culture. Or, maybe that's just because I used to live in Arizona for 40+ years. The "Florizona" marketing hype sounds like apples and oranges to me, or, maybe, oranges and prickly pear fruit. (I hasten to add, that's nothing against Florida, it just isn't Arizona! :) )

Actually, the folks at Lazydays made a big deal about "flavor", claiming they are remodeling to give the place southwestern flavor rather than the modern glass and brick of the former owners. Go check it out and tell us what you think! Better yet, email Bob Grady, Tucson GM, and tell HIM what you think. Or tell me and I'll discuss it with him first hand.

I saw some photos of the remodeling underway in the ucson LD lobby. Adobe style interior wallsand other "southwestern" theme decor. And a water fountain that styled like a village well.

Ken may have already checked this out already or made some arrangements but maybe one activity at the New Year's frally could be a field trip to the new facility.

I was thinking a day trip was in order. I had hope to go spend a few nights at the RV Park in November, but with our(mostly Sheila's) Chicago duties (family), my list of MH mods to be completed and working PT as a consult to my old company, time is in very short supply between now and Christmas.

I've getting some grief about going back to work PT, but I love it. 

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
II've getting some grief about going back to work PT, but I love it. 

ken

You need to go see Fred and Daisy for a few lessons of retirement 101.

Lets see, this week was not bad, some grocey shopping, lunch out and 2 drs apointment on Tuesday, lunch out on Wednesday, winterized the MH today and Costco tomorrow.  Read a couple of books along the way etc.  Oh Yes, I ordered a new set of doors and frame for the linen closet too.  Probably work on an antenna this weekend and start over next week.  It's a tough life once you get the hang of it!!

I might even do some trouble shooting of some problems on the MH and if the weather and mood comes to gether, I may start a modification or ?? on the MH

Estelle's searching for replacement blinds that don't have the string that always wears and breaks. She's used to having winter projects. ;)

We just had two restrung.  :-\

Bob Maxwell said:
Estelle's searching for replacement blinds that don't have the string that always wears and breaks. She's used to having winter projects. ;)

We just had two restrung.  :-\

MCD shades! I just installed the 8 we order at the Monaco rally over the summer. No more day/night strings to worry about. PLUS we like them more than the day/nights.

btw, I also found out that United Shade (Elkhart) makes a similar product. Also very well made.

ken

Jim Godward said:
You need to go see Fred and Daisy for a few lessons of retirement 101.

this gig just too good and too much fun. Besides I decide when to work and how much, but without then stress of being the boss it really is fun - I am working no more than 3 - 6 hr days a week (if I am in town)

Ken & Sheila said:
MCD shades! I just installed the 8 we order at the Monaco rally over the summer. No more day/night strings to worry about. PLUS we like them more than the day/nights.

btw, I also found out that United Shade (Elkhart) makes a similar product. Also very well made.

ken

John Canfield did a report with pics on MCD shades in this thread: http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?board=85.0

The United Shades are at CW, so we'll take a look. I read where lows will cut to order as well.

Bob,

To kind of get back to the new Tucson Lazydays. Remember that there is a CW at the Tucson Lazydays so you might be able to check out the Untied Shades there.

Speaking LD  Tucson.  Will be there Monday till Fri, coach will stay, we will fly, I'll be back on 28th for another week.  Anyne in the area, come on buy.

Back
Top Bottom